Solid newbie!!!!

JayInVA

Greenie
Feb 15, 2013
Aylett, Va
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok like I said in the topic I am a solid newbie. Not just to this forum but also to this crazy sport of MD'ing. I am looking for a partner for the Richmond area that has the patience to show me the ropes and give me some advice. I have know problem reading the advice from people on here but I think that somethings get lost in translation if it does not go with a proper hands on scenerio.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One way to meet people is to go out hunting with your MD and introduce yourself to people. Show them respect and they will return the favor. Good luck from Texas!

OP
OP
J

JayInVA

Greenie
Feb 15, 2013
Aylett, Va
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Griz I agree 100% only problem is I don't even know where to start to search or how to use the MD proficently. I have found several beer cans but that is the extent of my finds so far.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL Griz I agree 100% only problem is I don't even know where to start to search or how to use the MD proficently. I have found several beer cans but that is the extent of my finds so far.

Find a sand box somewhere or make a dirt box. Bury a few coins, such as a penny, nickle, dime and quarter. Ten bury a nail, bottle cap and a pull tab. Pass over each one and learn the sound they make. I mean really learn them. This takes patience. Then get someone else to bury things for you in a random pattern. As you find each one, name it before you dig it. When you can get it right for each item, then go hunting in the rest of the world.

I would start at any sandy parking lot, such as at a park or school. Look for places where people put their hand in their pocket for their keys. Look for places people stand in line to buy a soda, such as at a soccer field. People lose things. Go where people go. Be happy with some clad coins to start. Because pretty soon you will find a ring or a charm. You won't find things until you are out there swinging that detector with a good knwledge of what it is telling you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread