Solid Silver colonial knee buckle & a couple coppers

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out with Todd again saturday we hit a few new areas.one site had a car dumped in it
laughing021.gif

tough goin at 1st hiked up a mountain only to find walls no site,2nd site was frustrating as it had the car in it and alot of just but managed a ball button,a very cool suspender buckle,a clay marble and pipe stem saw the light of day while digging,a lot of brass targets at this site we will probably get back there someday
last area was a wooded field along side a old road.nabbed a copper there ,looks like a Connecticut copper a few buttons and a sweet solid silver knee buckle frame.the other tiny buckle i'm pretty sure is another knee buckle.probably for a infant boy I would imagine.tiniest thing i ever seen!
Sunday nabbed a 1818 Matron head and a folded shoe buckle frame,cool old designed pewter button as well

Attachments

• IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0814.JPG
    IMG_0814.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0820.JPG
    IMG_0820.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0826.JPG
    IMG_0826.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0830.JPG
    IMG_0830.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0828.JPG
    IMG_0828.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0825.JPG
    IMG_0825.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0869.JPG
    IMG_0869.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0856.JPG
    IMG_0856.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0853.JPG
    IMG_0853.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 17
Very nice stuff man! Love the early buckles, this looks like a killer site for sure. Looking forward to see what more comes from it.

Best,

Dan

Nice finds.

Looks like a hint of a maker's mark on the silver buckle.

I might be able to identify the silversmith with a good closeup.

Nice finds.

Looks like a hint of a maker's mark on the silver buckle.

I might be able to identify the silversmith with a good closeup.
no makers marks at all on the buckle

Nice finds, especially the silver knee buckle.
Nick

Yup, very nice hunt, love to find one of those silver buckles...very cool.
Looks like the car was dumped out of a helicopter.
ZDD

Some great finds you have there. Love the buckles. The silver is great but I like that little one. I have found one before always figured if was for a child. Can't wait to see what else pops up.

image-2384751403.jpg

image-2412103355.jpg

Splendid haul! :headbang: :blob9: :headbang: Those buckles make me drool, lol. :tongue3: Love the outer edge design on the silver buckle as it reminds me of nuggets. Will be watching your posts all summer if my jealousy component doesn't render me frozen in time. You guys sure have lots of energy! :icon_thumright: Have fun! Andi

Sweet silver knee buckle. It reminds me of mine I found on a similar looking site I found! Buttons,coins,buckles,round balls etc. :)

image-100112986.jpg

image-2672931970.jpg

That's a bunch of nice relic finds! Congrats!

Umm...Bigfoot was driving in the woods and rolled it?

Great hunt Dave, you got some nice additions to your collection!

Nice hunt dude!

no makers marks at all on the buckle

mark.jpg

It looked very much to me like a worn makers mark on the bottom of the buckle in your photo. I have seen thousands of worn marks over the years.

And given that it did not seem to have any other marks, I concluded that it was likely American, and not English (which would make it an exceptionally nice piece)

Sometimes very worn marks can be puzzled out by photographing them with heavy side-lighting. But you probably have a better vantage point than me, so if you don't think there is a mark, you are probably right.

Outstanding find ! and I would think a rare one as well - Sorry to hear that there are no discernible hallmarks .

View attachment 1006803

It looked very much to me like a worn makers mark on the bottom of the buckle in your photo. I have seen thousands of worn marks over the years.

And given that it did not seem to have any other marks, I concluded that it was likely American, and not English (which would make it an exceptionally nice piece)

Sometimes very worn marks can be puzzled out by photographing them with heavy side-lighting. But you probably have a better vantage point than me, so if you don't think there is a mark, you are probably right.
yeah thats just some rust residue from where the iron tongue & chape was in contact with the back of the buckle. I appreciate your good eye though.thanks!

That's a great bunch of finds there Dave, and that silver buckle topped off a very nice day for you. Looking forward to seeing what else you can pull from that site. Good luck!

That's a great bunch of finds there Dave, and that silver buckle topped off a very nice day for you. Looking forward to seeing what else you can pull from that site. Good luck!
Thanks Bill! unfortunately we didn't get much else on the return trip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back