Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello..first time i ever posted in this section..i thought it was funny because since i was a kid i have been coin roll hunting...My grandparents bought me tons of books then would take me to the bank to fill them..i remember they used to have a bucket full of Ike dollars that they used in Vegas or wherever they went to gamble during the summers...Anyway...
I had a couple questions for people who do this seriously

Can i ask a teller to just simply order coins for me?..not to sound arrogant..but do they legally have to do this?..i would think so..just not sure

and when i return the coins rolled?..they will expect them rolled with my account info on them without trying to charge some BS charge

Hope that was as clear as mud..lol...The only reason i ask is sometimes one of my banks tried to tell me that they have no control over the coins order...which i thought BULLSHII!!..but anyway..i would love to hear from some of you that do this alot

thanks.

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
My 2 cents worth, ordering boxes for a customer is doing the customer a favor. It has nothing to do with laws. If the bank wants to charge you for ordering or dumping,politely ask them for this in a written policy.
When I got started I made it a habit to talk to the vault teller. They have the second most important job in the bank. The first important job is making sure there is coffee.
Ask the vault teller what their policy is. If they are vague or disinterested, you have to decide whether your account is worth it to them or not.
There are still a lot of banks that will order for you without an account. As far as dumping, just look for a local bank with a coin counter in the lobby. Good Luck, Jim

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, do NOT take the coins back to the same bank you got them from. If you do they won't be selling you coin for long.
HH
enamel7

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
enamel7 said:
Also, do NOT take the coins back to the same bank you got them from. If you do they won't be selling you coin for long.
HH
enamel7

That does make since...I actually just got back from the Chase bank down the street..and ordered my first 500...its funny because she asked what it was foor and i felt like a deer in the headlights...so i blamed it on my son :laughing7: :laughing7: But anycase...they will be ordered on Fri and should be here by Tues next week....oh..and she did upgrade my account to earn reward points...lol..
But i figure since im jobless right now..its someting to do when i come in from MD'iing out in the heat

Might finally find a piece of Silver :laughing9: :laughing9:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
Hello..first time i ever posted in this section..i thought it was funny because since i was a kid i have been coin roll hunting...My grandparents bought me tons of books then would take me to the bank to fill them..i remember they used to have a bucket full of Ike dollars that they used in Vegas or wherever they went to gamble during the summers...Anyway...

Can i ask a teller to just simply order coins for me?..not to sound arrogant..but do they legally have to do this?..i would think so..just not sure

and when i return the coins rolled?..they will expect them rolled with my account info on them without trying to charge some BS charge

Hope that was as clear as mud..lol...The only reason i ask is sometimes one of my banks tried to tell me that they have no control over the coins order...which i thought BULLSHII!!..but anyway..i would love to hear from some of you that do this alot

thanks.

Howdy neighbor, live just up north a bit from you.....

Welcome to CRH, it can fun, exciting, boring and downright miserable. That is until you get a good score.... :occasion14:

ffej

Jul 2, 2010
FreedomUIC said:
Diggin-N-Dumps said:

thanks.

Welcome to CRH, it can fun, exciting, boring and downright miserable. That is until you get a good score.... :occasion14:

Welcome...I don't post much, but hunt like crazy....and I'm sandwiched right in between you two....me and about 100+ other CRH :(

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ffej said:
FreedomUIC said:
Diggin-N-Dumps said:

thanks.

Welcome...I don't post much, but hunt like crazy....and I'm sandwiched right in between you two....me and about 100+ other CRH :(

Well you have no worries from me..I live in Texas and travel from Fort worth to Houston alot..so im gonna be hitting up those one horse towns ...Hoping it might pay off

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread