Some clad, 14K gold, and a 1903 Barber dime

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just returned from a vacation in Virginia with friends and had the first three days of heavy rain. They live in an area that was really hit hard and had a lot of flooding so we didn't get outside the house for the first three days. The fourth day we were able to get out and drive a little but there was still much flooding. The fifth day we made a trip to Virginia beach with our friends and I was able to get in a couple of hours detecting. I found a small pile of clad $4.90 , a cheap brooch, two Canadian coins, and a 14K Star of David pendant. It is pictured beside a quarter to show the size. It appears to be hand made and is not marked, but it tests better than 14K and less than 18K. I was pleased to see some gold. The last item is a 1903 Barber dime that I pulled a rookie stunt on and damaged it with my digger. This dime was found at a local park before we left on vacation. I didn't want the impression that it was found at the beach. Really ticked at myself! It would have been a pretty nice one without the damage. Its not the first time that happened and probably won't be the last. Thanks for looking. Happy hunting and keep on swinging that coil. IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 13
Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great day finding the best of both worlds.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That dime looks to be in SS condition. Or Slightly Scratched. Nice coin though and congrats on the gold

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's a beautiful medallion congrats on your finds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your finds. Sorry about the scratch, it's part of our hobby, but it always hurts.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to clarify that the dime was dug at home in a local park before we went to the beach. It was not found at the beach.
Just returned from a vacation in Virginia with friends and had the first three days of heavy rain. They live in an area that was really hit hard and had a lot of flooding so we didn't get outside the house for the first three days. The fourth day we were able to get out and drive a little but there was still much flooding. The fifth day we made a trip to Virginia beach with our friends and I was able to get in a couple of hours detecting. I found a small pile of clad $4.90 , a cheap brooch, two Canadian coins, and a 14K Star of David pendant. It is pictured beside a quarter to show the size. It appears to be hand made and is not marked, but it tests better than 14K and less than 18K. I was pleased to see some gold. The last item is a 1903 Barber dime that I pulled a rookie stunt on and damaged it with my digger. This dime was found at a local park before we left on vacation. I didn't want the impression that it was found at the beach. Really ticked at myself! It would have been a pretty nice one without the damage. Its not the first time that happened and probably won't be the last. Thanks for looking. Happy hunting and keep on swinging that coil. View attachment 1363130 View attachment 1363131 View attachment 1363132 View attachment 1363133

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John, that Star of David pendant is really amazing--looks like a one-of-a-kind! Congrats! -Lisa & John

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you. It was well made and is kind of unique. Thank you.
John, that Star of David pendant is really amazing--looks like a one-of-a-kind! Congrats! -Lisa & John

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Gold and silver is awesome! Congrats and HH

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those 2 sweet hunts John. :occasion14: Sorry to hear about all that rain you had to endure. Wish we had more of it this past summer.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We really need rain here in Pa too. It looks like the forecast for later this week might give up some rain. Thanks Loco.
Congrats on those 2 sweet hunts John. :occasion14: Sorry to hear about all that rain you had to endure. Wish we had more of it this past summer.

Schatzsucher

Greenie
Sep 23, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love looking at others peoples finds. Gets me stoked to go out and treasure hunt! Thanks for sharing

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds! Is there an S mintmark on that barber dime?

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
That is one beautiful and unique gold pendant! Great assortment of saves. Thank you for sharing!

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread