Some clad, some junk jewelry, a little bit of gold!

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictured here are my best finds from the last two beach night hunts. Finding that little piece of gold makes it worth it, and It's my first gold of the year! Actually, that's the first gold I've found in a really long time. There's no stamp inside the gold piece, so, not sure what karat it is.

I also found a stainless seafood grabber, kitchen tool, and a toy battle ship, but left them out of the group shot. That foreign coin is from Croatia of all places.

There was another guy using his metal detector already when I got down there tonight. He said he was leaving if he found any gold.... I wonder if he had any luck? He wasn't down there too much longer after we talked??

Attachments

• Best finds 2 beach hunts.jpg
    Best finds 2 beach hunts.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 689
  • Goldcloseup.jpg
    Goldcloseup.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 722
Upvote 0
OP
OP
1869er

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dangit. I nicked the edge of this gold thing I found... I started having some doubts that it was gold. Turns out it's gold plated. Fools gold of the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread