beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't been posting my finds much of late. Here are a few from the last week. This is the first half dollar I have found. So that was pretty exciting. The small ring I found today. Rang up in the silver dime range. It appears to have been made with a piece of cutlery. I also found 23 wheat pennies last week. As a rule I generally find 3-4 mercury dimes for every Roosevelt. Not this past week. Thanks for looking and good luck on your upcoming hunts.

46 quarter.jpg
merc.jpg
rosie 2.jpg
rosie.jpg
rosie A.jpg
walker 3.jpg
walker 4.jpg

Attachments

• rosie 2.jpg
    rosie 2.jpg
    657.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Upvote 27
OP
OP
beez0404

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Awesome digs! What was your reaction when you found that great silver half dollar?

You know the old story. Yeah, yeah.........a TID of 95 probably just another chunk of can slaw. But I dug it anyway cause my friend from T-Net CarolinaTom has found two halves in the last month so I had to see. When I lifted back the plug it was actually laying in the bottom of the hole with a little loose dirt laying on it. I could tell it was silver and definitely bigger then a quarter. I picked it up like you would a newborn baby and very lightly rubbed enough of the dirt off to see the word America. At that point I got very excited. I poured some water over it and saw what I had and it just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. With a HUGE smile I took photos of it with my cell phone and texted them to CarolinaTom and Smittyman both of T-Net. The atta-boys and accolades from friends makes a find like that all the better.

OP
OP
beez0404

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silvers but the wet ground impresses me more right now, lol. I saw on tv last night it is dry 5 ft deep here.
Super nice half. I have found 2 clads but no silver ones.

We have had quite a lot of rain the last 10 days or so. But once you get down 4" or so it's still quite dry. But at least that first 4" is easy digging now whereas 2 weeks ago it was really tough. The rain has been a blessing.

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cjon and I went out yesterday and it was the first time in months that the dirt would stick together in a plug. Was great being able to push the digger in 6 inches!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on getting that big silver!!! Still looking for first big silver this year not even had a quarter yet, had some dimes but thats it !

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn nice Walker! Wow!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice catches! I almost fell over when I found a '41 walker half. Man what a feeling.

Nice job!

-Lady Liberty is hot stuff...especially on a coin

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice walker! I have found 4 Barber halves, a Morgan...but the Walker eludes me. My goal this season was to find one, I'm trying hard lol!

OP
OP
beez0404

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice walker! I have found 4 Barber halves, a Morgan...but the Walker eludes me. My goal this season was to find one, I'm trying hard lol!

To be really honest I used to NOT dig the half dollar TID numbers because they were always can slaw or some other trash. But a buddy of mine from this site (CarolinaTom) found two silver half dollars and it was driving me crazy that he found two and I had never found one. Not sure I'll go right back to digging those high TID numbers as with my bad knees I have a limited number of targets I can dig in a day. So wasting them on garbage isn't very inviting. I think I just got really lucky to find that one.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be really honest I used to NOT dig the half dollar TID numbers because they were always can slaw or some other trash. But a buddy of mine from this site (CarolinaTom) found two silver half dollars and it was driving me crazy that he found two and I had never found one. Not sure I'll go right back to digging those high TID numbers as with my bad knees I have a limited number of targets I can dig in a day. So wasting them on garbage isn't very inviting. I think I just got really lucky to find that one.

I hear you! Repeatedly digging those "big silver" signals only to find junk is frustrating, but when it's the real thing it's awesome. I'm getting better at deciphering, especially at spots I have been over many times. I bet this silver half you found will inspire you to dig those signals more!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man that was a great week of silver finds, the Deus just loves the silvers! :occasion14:
I've been thinking that this unit might be my next detector purchase, but dealers here in Canada seem to be few and far between.

Congrats on finding your first Walker ... I found my first and only Half Dollar 3 years ago and it was a Walker! :thumbsup:
Best of luck to you,
Dave

Attachments

• 1917 Walking Liberty.jpg
    1917 Walking Liberty.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 73

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread