Some coins.

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
I did not find these with a metal detector, and in fact many of them I have found in the past, but I had them stored in a box and meanwhile looking for my European coin collection found these. Anyways, it felt like i was just finding them once again, it took me three hours to get them out from some of the boxes I have at home. I still haven't unpacked everything after two years... My job as a field engineer would not give me time since I would be for a month or more working in some rigs.

Anyways, here are some of my coin collection.

These are my oldest wheaties.

1940s Wheaties.JPG

1940s Wheaties Heads.JPG

These are wheaties from the 50s

1950s Wheaties.JPG

1950s Wheaties 2.JPG

This is a 1958 Benjamin Franklin I got from Lear Finantial. (Thanks for the tip)

1958 Benjamin Franklin.JPG

1958 Benjamin Franklin Head.JPG

These are a 1972 Eisenhower dollar, and a 1971 JFK half dollar (My grandmother gave me these coins when we moved to the states from Spain, so these were my first American coins)

1970s Dollar and Half Dollar.JPG

1970s Dollar and Half Dollar 2.JPG

These are 4 1979 Susan B. Anthony which also were part of the collection my grandmother gave me back in 91

1979 Dollars.JPG

1979 Dollars Heads.JPG

These are some of my foreign coins.

Foreign Coins.JPG

Foreign Coins Heads.JPG

Appart from these I got probably 5 dollars in regular 1950-1980 penies, dimes etc.

But most of these I just got as change from stores and such. I always check the change I get. ;)

Anyways, i know these are not the best coins there are but I am still proud of them.

I am still trying to find my European coin collection. it must be in one of the boxes i didn't open.

Upvote 0

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection. As you MD, I'm sure it will grow quickly.

HH.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Some coins. ((1955 Double die ??))

Hi,

Some nice coins, HEY! That 1955 wheat penny looks like a double die. Unless my eyes are playing games, you should look at that closer.

OP
OP
LuisTH

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
Re: Some coins. ((1955 Double die ??))

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Hi,

Some nice coins, HEY! That 1955 wheat penny looks like a double die. Unless my eyes are playing games, you should look at that closer.

A double die means it was dyed twice? Does that increase the value of the coin? I am afraid i am not an expert on coins.

Can you please specify what exactly double die is, and what significance does it have? What do I look for in a double die. Does the coin being a darker color immediately make it a double die? Thanks.

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A double die coin is one that is struck twice and is and error from the US Mint. They are usually much rarer than ordinary coins, and thus worth more. Look closely at the dates and letters (like Liberty) to see if it looks like there are two groups, each seperated a little from the others. 1955 is the one that really started error coin collecting.

Here is a website that shows pictures:

http://coins.about.com/od/coinsglossary/g/doubled_die_def.htm

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Picture is of corse a much better example. You still may have a faint one.

Keep @ it and HH!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Smokey

Feb 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100
Nice Collection You Got There LuisTH!!!
&
WTG On Your Refinds!!!

55TXBANDIT​

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Like the Panamanian coin,I believe 66 was the last year they struck coins in silver for circulation for Panama,great find and keep checkin that change. I usually let mine pile up for a long time then Ill roll it and search it,had a checkout girl last week scan my change before she handed it to me,said she was looking for wheats,the wife made up for it by finding a wheat in her change the other day,HH...Shoot

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I received a 68' Balboa a few year's ago in change....Missed the silver by 2yr.'s.Nice collection you got going.HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread