Some concerns I have about the Deus

dlt123me

Sep 18, 2014
Newberg Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, from all the videos I've seen about this detector, I am left with some questions I've not seen addressed. So if anyone has information on the following I would really appreciate your thoughts...

Question 1: Eventually all batteries that power a MD will have to be replaced whether they're rechargeable or regular. Rechargeable batteries only have a limited recharge life cycle before they are no good. Since the battery for the Deus is in the coil, how would one replace this battery when it's life is over?

Is this possible to change by the end user? Do we need to send the coil back to the company if the battery needs replacement? or.. Do we need to re-purchase a whole new coil which would be very expensive?

Question 2: What about the batteries in the headphones and receiver unit. Are they changeable by the user or do you have to send them back to the company? I would hope we have access to all batteries so we're not locked into a constant manufacture repair bill or repeat repurchase scenario.

Question 3: I know that Deus can detect in salty sand, but can it be totally submerged in ocean salt water if properly sealed from water? In other words, it would be easy to keep all electronics from water by putting them in water proof containers so it implies it could be a submersible detector.

Question 4: Can it do both Fresh and Salt water detecting, or is it better suited for one over the other?

Question 5: Since this is wireless, is there any chance that you could get interference from another Deus if you were detecting next to each other? Could program change effect the other Deus while hunting?

--------------

All in all, my battery questions have me very concerned. If we are locked into a continual service or maintenance charge from factory to keep this detector running year after year, then I will have to pass on this unit...

Thanks for fielding my questions.
Dennis

Last edited:
OP
OP
dlt123me

dlt123me

Sep 18, 2014
Newberg Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know where to look?

Wow, so many looks but no responses. Everyone must be out Deusing. :laughing7: Even if you don't know the answers to my questions, if you can direct me to where I can find them, I will share what I find here. :headbang:

Dennis

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Dennis,
I don't know why no one hasn't answered your question.
They all are well known.
As to the batteries...
They are all user changeable, but it is advised that the coil be sent to a factory service center to insure the waterproofing.
Users that purchased the XP Deus way back when they first came out (2009 I think) are still running them with the original batteries, so longevity is there.
Water hunting is there with a water kit. XP sells them or you can make your own. there is a bunch of posts about it.
The Deus will hunt in salt or fresh, but fresh it works better.
Interference from other detectors is remedied with changing frequencies or frequency shift.
Hope this helps.

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told $50 to change out the batteries.

Was told they last years.....

Waterproof case for the remote, head phone NOT waterproof at all, XP sells a kit pretty cheap...

Jim

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry I did not see this Dennis. If you still need any help with answers feel free to give me a ring. Be more than happy to help! ;) Bart

OP
OP
dlt123me

dlt123me

Sep 18, 2014
Newberg Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem. I suspect you're busy just like everyone else. Thanks for responding. I think I can lay this concern to rest now. Hope you're doing well.

Dennis

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No problem. I suspect you're busy just like everyone else. Thanks for responding. I think I can lay this concern to rest now. Hope you're doing well.

Dennis

Great! Feel free to call me anytime with questions for a quick answer. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread