Some cool links..

MrWareWolf

Aug 22, 2014
N. Utah, USA
Detector(s) used
Generic 30" keene/jobe/royal-style sluice with flare, riffles, expanded metal, moss matt under riffles..
California Bucket Sluice concentrator
want: falcon pinpoint detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm fairly new to prospecting.. I find it interesting to read about technique, equipment, principals of recovery, etc. I'm a computer freak, so I'm pretty good with the research. I thought some of you might find this collection of links useful.

Bedrock Dreams <-- great content for beginners.. in a blog format, with frequent updates!

How to Stake a Mining Claim « USminer ? Placer Gold Maps and Gold Prospecting Tutorials <-- how to properly stake a federal gold claim..
(For when you want to get serious about your hobby.. ;) )

» Setting the Proper Water Velocity Through a Sluice Box <-- Waterflow specifics for sluice boxes..

The Gold Pan. <-- More than any human should ever know about gold pans.

Enjoy, and hope you see gold in your pans..

Upvote 0

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Pan info was overwhelming. wow...

The link to bedrock dreams and the "Green Horn" article scared me.
It was like I was reading about myself - right now - the newbie, entrenched in anything and everything prospecting.
Wife giving me grief for 3 nights straight building a Sniper Rifle (Hand Dredge).
And always on the internet late at night looking for places, safe and legal to try this new hobby of mine.
I haven't been on my mountain bike in two weeks....
Learning more about the Crevasseing and Sniping techniques and getting more drawn to that.
Youngest one loves the idea of getting the wet suit and snorkel on and crevasseing (SP?)

thanks for the great links to new stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread