012.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 303
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 290

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Hey! you got a Pac-man fossil! I like that last one, any idea what it is? And I think I actually recognize one in the next to last picture. The one with the scallopy ridges. I think it's a "composita brachiopod," or something like that. (someone correct me if I'm wrong please). Yeah, I always tell myself, if I can't find flint, at least I can find some fossils.

ng

OP
OP
wildcatman71

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300, Vintage Tesoro Sidewinder
naturegirl said:
Hey! you got a Pac-man fossil! I like that last one, any idea what it is? And I think I actually recognize one in the next to last picture. The one with the scallopy ridges. I think it's a "composita brachiopod," or something like that. (someone correct me if I'm wrong please). Yeah, I always tell myself, if I can't find flint, at least I can find some fossils.

ng

yeah, pac man is cool! :headbang: ....there are a few brachiopods in there. Not sure what the last one is....I have a lot of rocks with those in them. His creek is full of this stuff. Its a lot of fun to find!

Solius Symbiosus

Aug 4, 2009
wildcatman71 said:
Not sure what the last one is....

It is an Archimedes sp. Its what the "fronds" of fenestrate bryozoans attached to. The "pac man" fossil appears to be a blastoid, but need a better pic to determine.

It appears as if you are collecting the Borden Fm.???

LanceHall

Feb 8, 2009
Fort Worth, Tx
wildcatman71 said:
Sorry....what is Borden FM?

"Borden FM" means the Borden Formation.

With a little knowledge of the local geological formations (and a geologic map) your fossil hunting can greatly improve. With a map you can target the better layers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread