Some Days You Get The Elevator; Some Days You Get The Shaft

jethro1469

Mar 18, 2009
East Coast
Today was definitely an elevator day. Went on Saturday Dump Route "A" this A.M. I always ask for halves when cashing out my dump slip. At the first 4 banks I was rewarded with a total of $3 worth of clad halves. At bank #5 the teller slid me a '69 Ken as part of my cash out. Cool, I thought as I quickly put it in my pocket and asked if she had any more. "Yes, I have $6.50 loose and 12 rolls." Said I'll buy them all if she wanted to get rid of them. She did. Last time I bought a bunch of customer wrapped rolls not only were they skunks but they were short $2. I could see silver in the loose change and put every thing in my dump sack and headed to the car. The rolls all had writing on them and as I started down the road I pulled one out of the bag and read 1968D. All 12 rolls said '67, '68, or '69! Almost ran off the road, then said to myself " Okay time to wake up." Last time I found this much silver in the wild I woke up in bed with a double handful of pillow. No, I was awake and this was really happening. When I got home I checked the rolls and they were all solid silver. A total of 254 40%ers. Sorry, no pics, I'm still photo challenged.

Upvote 0

captaindoug

May 1, 2011
No picture needed, Indeed we can all close our eyes and picture it quite well/
Fantastic..............

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic! Something like that makes up for the bad days.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats you definitely got a ride to the top floor on that haul!

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Wow, I am still very new to this hobby, so Im sure something like this is a "reward" for hard work.... Either way, I literaly dream of the day I can expirience something like this. Congrats!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wow!!! Nice score!!!!

I'm still looking forward to the day I can find something that big...kinda.

The downside is that someone would have to call 911 for me.

RP4L

Jun 3, 2011
Nice one! Sounds like good karma.

Last time I found this much silver in the wild I woke up in bed with a double handful of pillow. No, I was awake and this was really happening.

Funny, I've had dreams like that too :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread