Some eye-ball finds @ school

Sylth

Apr 11, 2008
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
White's M6 w/ Sunray Probe & a Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I was between finals at a local community college, when I remembered that the school had a small picnic area right next to it. Went down there, and just started walking around, seeing if anything interesting was on the surface. Came out of it with 2 nickels and 3 pennies, none very old, although one penny (the btm rgt one in the pic) was a '59. The odd thing, however, was the circular disk, heavy corroded, I also found while walking. Can't make out any detail, or even if there was any detail in the first place, heck, I can't even tell if it was a coin or not; I'm personally of the opinion it's a knock-out from some electrical junction. Only problem with that theory is I dont think those knock-outs would corrode like this; anyway, like to know your opinion ;D

Attachments

• CIMG1215.jpg
    CIMG1215.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 619
  • CIMG1220.jpg
    CIMG1220.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 625
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sylth

Sylth

Apr 11, 2008
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
That's what I think it is; still, I'd feel really, um, bad, if it happened to be some really old coin that I threw away, huh? Gotta be sure :)

urnotalone1970

May 8, 2008
chicago, il
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I've always kinda joked around about having OCD...but truth be told i'm always walking with my head down looking on the ground for "stuff" lol amazing what i've found by just looking down...i make it a game, trying to at least find a coin a day. last fall i found 2 tickets to a Bears game with a value of 80 bucks apiece, at the local Target, tried to find the owner but nobody came forward :( so i SOLD them :wink: so is so thrifty of you to have found these finds at lunch. you must have eagle eyes too! HH tlc :icon_sunny:

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it stick to a magnet?

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have probably had more luck with eyeball finds than with my detector that cost me a few bucks >:(

Last year I found a gift card, no name on it, with $20 in gas. Ten dollar bill on the floor in St. Augustine, FL, just there on the street waiting for a new owner. I found two rings and many coins at several of the airports that I pass through. And let's not forget all of the arrowheads and spear points that I have found (not only last year but in the past) just waiting to be picked up.

My wife always asking me what I'm looking for. It doesn't cost anything and can be rewarding.

OP
OP
Sylth

Sylth

Apr 11, 2008
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Good idea, chking it with a magnet; just did the chk and, sure enough, it stuck. Then to be sure i got a 1948 Walking liberty i found (should be mostly silver) to see if it was magnetic and it wasnt.

Conclusion: its probably a steel punch-out from an electrical box. Thx ^^

(still keepin it tho)

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive dug a few real crusty " coins" thinking mabe coppers or what have you.The magnet will tell you if its ferrous or non-ferrous metal. Good luck with the rest of your hunts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread