Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
As I usually do each year, I like to take some of my better (and smaller) finds from the most recently completed season and lay them out in a nice wooden display case. Overall I was very pleased with my recoveries over the last few months, and I was fortunate to be able to dig at some great new spots. My quantity was definitely up from the year before, but the quality was not quite as good due to the absence of some of the major finds from 2011-12 that included a gold coin, my first US boxplate, and several pieces of large colonial silver. But I'm definitely not complaining. Highlights from this past season included digging a record 24 colonial silver coins, recovering 5 early wine bottle seals, and finding that cool mid-1600s merchants token and Cromwell silver penny, but the prize has to go to the c1580-1640 delftware plate I was able to dig in a very early trash pit and almost completely reconstruct. I also had a great time digging with several of my good buddies, and was able to witness each of them make some awesome finds as well. Looking forward to getting back out in the colonial fields in the fall. And I sincerely appreciate all the support and comments made by everyone here on this forum, and hope that my participation has helped others in some way. I know I've definitely learned a lot this year from all the awesome finds and comments made by others. Thanks again, and good luck to everyone!

PS - Once you open the thumbnails you can click twice more to get the expanded views with better detail if interested.

Attachments

• 2012-13 wooden display1a.JPG
    2012-13 wooden display1a.JPG
    750.1 KB · Views: 283
  • 2012-13 wooden display2a.JPG
    2012-13 wooden display2a.JPG
    762.8 KB · Views: 253
  • delftware plate.JPG
    delftware plate.JPG
    431.4 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Upvote 0

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sure is impressive Bill. I would love to have that kind of history to pick through where I live.

Erving

Apr 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding displays Bill. Finds like that are what a lot of us just dream about making. Congrats. :notworthy:

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with you Bill. That plate is amazing!! You certainly keep me motivated with your great finds and I can't wait to dig more colonial trash pits with you.

marke17026

Feb 22, 2013
Fredericksburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500, Viper, Garrett Pro-Pointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic collection of historical snp-shots in time. That's what it's all about. I wish you much success in your future hunts.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,

This forum and its members benefit greatly from your input and expertise. Congratulations on some great finds this year. Yes, I'm envious of the plate! But I think I have learned enough to get into some trash pits down here. Only trouble is finding a day to do it when the ground water level low, but the ground is not like concrete. It's a Louisiana problem, but I think I may be able to solve it, even if I have to get a pump. At any rate, your finds are outstanding.

Best Wishes,

Buck

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some real nice finds Bill!! Lots of great Colonial history from the Commonwealth saved. WTG & HH, Quindy.

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on an amazing diggin season. Your efforts in research and searching have paid off big. I never get tired of looking at your finds! Looking forward to your finds this fall when you get back out there.

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet ass finds!! awesome!!

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to agree with you Bill. That plate is amazing!! You certainly keep me motivated with your great finds and I can't wait to dig more colonial trash pits with you.

Thanks Joey. We're definitely going to hook up in the fall for some more pit digging. And maybe even hit the shoreline this summer.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing stuff, Bill. You had an outstanding year.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's mind blowing stuff Bill, I really hope you can complete that plate it is really something to behold. I love the pipes too, they are all older ones and really hard to find on our contenant.
Congrats on an awesome year.:notworthy:
ZDD

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill,

This forum and its members benefit greatly from your input and expertise. Congratulations on some great finds this year. Yes, I'm envious of the plate! But I think I have learned enough to get into some trash pits down here. Only trouble is finding a day to do it when the ground water level low, but the ground is not like concrete. It's a Louisiana problem, but I think I may be able to solve it, even if I have to get a pump. At any rate, your finds are outstanding.

Best Wishes,

Buck

Thanks for the kind words Buck. I'm really looking forward to seeing the results when you guys start getting into the pit digging mode. Believe me, its extremely addicting - even more so than detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread