Some finds from my old log house.

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
I bought my house 3 years ago and have been working on it when I can ever since. It was built sometime around 1837 and is a log house. I insulated the attic floor first thing and found a couple buttons and other trinkets. I completely gutted the downstairs. I removed layers of the wall coverings that had been added over the years to expose the large logs that make the walls. Lately I have been working on the spaces between the logs. Alot of the chinking was in bad condition and had to be removed. The builders put whatever they had on hand to fill the spaces between the logs. It was mostly chunks of wood but there were bricks and rocks in with the mix. My most recent finds came from a space between the baseboards and logs. These spaces had sticks, wood scraps and dirt stuffed in for insulation. I started to remove this material and notices some dish shards and a couple buttons. I used the shop vac to remove the material I couldn't reach and sifted it. I know these aren't great finds but they are a part of my houses history and I will preserve them. My favorites are the broken pewter spoon, carved wood masher and the large button. Thanks for looking! DD. MVC-890F.JPG MVC-891F.JPG MVC-892F.JPG MVC-893F.JPG MVC-894F.JPG MVC-895F.JPG MVC-889F.JPG

Upvote 3

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe that's what I need to do. Buy and old place to spend the rest of my life hunting. ;)

Love to see those finds! Way to go!

Merry Christmas!

HH!

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins are often found over doorways, my buddy found an old half dollar over the cellar door in his house.

A lot of old houses in your area, we have a cabin near McAlevys Fort, and have often admired all the old structures.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some amazing finds at "your" place Dave congrats, And Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...............................HH

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't wait to see what you find in that yard....make sure you post those finds as well....HH..and Good Luck

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Enjoyed looking at your log house finds! Especially like the old pottery shards. When you have time, you're sure to enjoy detecting your land! HH Andi

stevefox

Nov 13, 2012
Elk County, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT and I love it.
I love it, when do construction projects I always hide a few goodies for future treasure hunters to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread