Some finds on 4/28/07

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Went back to some new fields I found a week ago and here is what turned up. Nice levanna point , broken stem point, badly broken arcahic ottercreek point, nice scraper, and other backs and tips. I saw three other arrowheaders today in different fields which is rare. I usually see only one a year as arrowheading still isnt that popular here. I think it maybe catching on . Sometimes I hit my favorite feild and theres a arrowheader...bad feeling...other times like today when Im looking for new fields and theres a arrowheader...I know where I'll be looking the next time.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 0

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
undertaker said:
Went back to some new fields I found a week ago and here is what turned up. Nice levanna point , broken stem point, badly broken arcahic ottercreek point, nice scraper, and other backs and tips. I saw three other arrowheaders today in different fields which is rare. I usually see only one a year as arrowheading still isnt that popular here. I think it maybe catching on . Sometimes I hit my favorite feild and theres a arrowheader...bad feeling...other times like today when Im looking for new fields and theres a arrowheader...I know where I'll be looking the next time.
I,d call that a sucsessful day .Iknow the feeling about not being the first in a feild. I showed a freind my spot and he beats me to it every year cause he don,t work 60 hrs a week like Ido some freind! oh well I didn,t show him every place ohio river hunter you may think I,m crazy but I can find points at night with a spoylight try it and see the flint shines when you turn light on it

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
Hey undertaker nice finds.Looks like the exact stuff I'm finding in maine.DO you know what that black material is? Have you found any larger tools?There doesn't seem to be near the people here in the northeast looking for artifacts.I do come across places where people have dug but I have yet to find another looker........Jay

OP
OP
undertaker

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Jay, the black rock material is called Mt. Independence chert. It is one of two of the most popular chipping materials used here in Vermont with quartz being number one. Being quarried on the Shore of Lake Champlain which boarders Ny. & Vt. it is named for the area it came from which is a historic site and off limits to all artifact hunters. Ive seen this chert in other New England states so they must have traveled with it.

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 210

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting