Some finds

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Havent been doing a whole lot of hunting lately,actually very little at all for the last month or so,its been just unreal hot and the ground solid as a rock plus Ive been working entirely too much. I have managed to get out a few times for an hour or so here and there and my finds cup was about full so I thought Id post up.
Found my first V nickel at an old school I hunt with my buddy Kent,its in really awful shape but got a date of 1887 I believe. Dug up a cameo pin that I think may be gold because I cant find any corrosion or flaking,it isnt hallmarked though but I know religious items arent a lot of the time. Dug up an old soap token good for 3 cakes of laundry soap. Have been hunting a few demos near a major road and a railroad tracks,lot of ground to cover down there so ive been skipping around trying to pick some cherries out of the trash before the bulldozers finish the areas off. Dug a silver rosey over there one miserably hot day last week,was down there today and pulled a 24' merc and a silver rosey out of the same hole not 5 minutes before I had to leave. Have also dug up a dozen wheats in that area the oldest being a '14,couple of other odds and ends,a smashed(on railroad tracks I think)quarter,a really cool military button though Im not sure what its from,a tootsie toy truck,a very small coin I think though its corroded so bad I really cant tell,plus anything else you see in the pics,thanks for looking and HH...Shoot

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 426
  • finds1.jpg
    finds1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 426
  • finds2.jpg
    finds2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 419
  • finds3.jpg
    finds3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 421
  • finds4.jpg
    finds4.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 425
  • finds5.jpg
    finds5.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 427
Upvote 0

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
VERY Nice finds there, shootist!
Love the fact that you go out the in
"jackhammer" conditions and still find
the good stuff!
Keep it up.

Attachments

• diggingpirate.gif
    diggingpirate.gif
    11 KB · Views: 354
  • diggingpirate.gif
    diggingpirate.gif
    11 KB · Views: 356

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver and finds, I like that token! HH, Mike

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Really cool lot of finds, congrats on all the goodies.
The cameo does look like real gold, probably is. Maybe it a had a loop or another piece on it that contained the hallmark and is missing now?
Keep em coming, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shootist said:
Havent been doing a whole lot of hunting lately,actually very little at all for the last month or so,its been just unreal hot and the ground solid as a rock ...Shoot

Have you moved to Bama? ??? :D

Same here. Hot and dry!!! >:(

Those are some terrific finds, Shoot! Great variety! Congrats! Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions