Some foundations, A home site, And a little Spitfire.

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there Tnet partakers, Mud(S.W.A.T.) and I were able to get out for a few hours this afternoon and do a little ground fishing. I took him to some foundations where I previously found a flower button, an injun, 2 wheats, and a fork. Today was killer there with the bugs, so we only managed it for an hour. today I found the knife there. I posted the flower button before so its not displayed.
So after we left the foundations we piddled around a few sites untill Mud recalled a home site where we could hunt, the ring in the picture I believe is a brass bull ring, 3 wheats, a 1957 canadian, A John Tyler presidential Cracker-Jack token, and this little matchbox spitfire dated 1973. we were kinda surprised at not finding any silver, but it was a fun day non the less. the pictures are of the foundations and finds.
hope you all enjoy looking.
Thanks in advance, and
Keep@It
Pro-

Attachments

• 100_0068.JPG
    100_0068.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 504
  • 100_0067.JPG
    100_0067.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 500
  • 100_0076.JPG
    100_0076.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 507
  • 100_0083.JPG
    100_0083.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 502
  • 100_0081.JPG
    100_0081.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 503
Upvote 0

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
So far so good :thumbsup: Are you guys going back to that site ? Got to be some more loot there ;D Keep us posted amigo.

Acevillav

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Interesting finds and a great site, Pro!

Kinda tough to detect there...

Is there any time of day when bugs are less????

Do you carry a machete to thin things out a bit?

What were the foundations for?

All told, looks like great fun!

HH
rmptr

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hated that site, won't get me out there again... :-\ I could not move around, I could not swing my coil but only every few feet. The bugs were insane, Nat's, mosquito's, fly's all ones that bite, iron was everywhere !! :BangHead: Just was not working for me. I guess prolab has been out there before and has done OK. :icon_scratch: But I don't have the patience. He always sunks me on finds cause I run full Disc. I don't have the patience to dig trash too. :dontknow: haha Call me picky but who cares. :icon_scratch: I'll keep to the manicured lawns and bug free sites. ;D

Nice finds,
Keep @ it and HH!!

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Great story, and hunt!
That little Spitfire is awesome!

Your remarks about where you'd rather hunt reminds me of a day just last week in my life here. in Southern Colorado. I found a really old house I wanted to hunt, leaving a note on the front door. A gentleman called and said, "Sure; come on over!" The next morning I met Mr. Couchman at the house at eleven am prompt. The house is a rental in stages of being fixed up, and proceeded to detect. The yard was a mess and probably had not been mowed in years. I persevered and still managed a few coins but nothing special. At about 2pm, Mr. Couchman had to leave but said I could stay. I have a thing about stranger's properties and always pass on their invite until I've hunted their site at least three times. Anyway, I asked if I could bring my weedeater the next time not really paying attention to how I worded the request. Mr Couchman, with a funny look on his face said "Sure, bring a tractor if you like!" I thought it was funny; may not have been. Mr. Couchman didn't laugh. He was supposed to have met me at 11am the next morning; he didn't show. :)

GRB

OP
OP
prolab69

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant help it, once I found that Indian head and wheats I figured there had to be another hot spot out there someplace, the foundations were from an old homestead built in the mid 1800s,
It was pretty far up in the woods,...... nats, spiders, mosquitos,..you name it . We went up when it was 82 degrees out, last time I was there it was 60. ...getting time to carry bug spray with us where ever we go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread