Some good luck today

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have been reading the posts on this site for a while and decided to sign up. I have been CRHing for about one month. Although I have had a couple of "dream boxes", today's find was really great.

I was passing through a small town on business and decided to check some of the local banks. Most told me that their halves disappear as soon as they get them and they were out, and some had a few hand rolls. One of them had about $100 in hand rolls and offered them all.

As the teller was laying them on the counter, I saw that three had "64 kennedys" written on them. I have seen posts here where people say they write that to fool others, and I suspected they were all worthless halves. As soon as I got in my car I opened them and, they actually were 64 kennedys!!! The other rolls had some 40%ers and one extra 64.

All in all, 61 64 kennedys and 10 40%s.

I have become so addicted to this it is unreal.

Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I really needed a good find like this. I have never had much luck finding silver in hand rolls I have picked up. My best finds have been in brinks rolled boxes. My last 4 or 5 boxes were skunks and I was starting to feel like I was wasting too much time on this.

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
And where did you say that small town was.... LOL

Congrats
Cat

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
The small town is located somewhere in Missouri; closer to St. Louis than Kansas City.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread