Some good reading

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Sallysue. I'm living in Idaho (since March, 2007) and really like it up here. I miss so much being in Texas, though. I was born and raised in Hillsboro, moved to Waco in 1979, and then between Waco and McGregor in 1984, where I lived until 2007. I'm 71 yo and really enjoy reading about Texas history. Bonnie and Clyde were before my time; but my parents lived in Hillsboro during that time. They personally knew the jeweller, Mr. Bucher, (? spelling) that Bonnie and Clyde killed just outside of Hillsboro. I spent my last 20+ years, before retiring, working on the gasoline pumps and the associated equipment in the Central Texas area. I ranged from east of Dallas to Lampasas, Cleburne to Bryan-College Station, and all in between. I've spent quite a few hours working on convenience store equipment there in Belton.
This is the first that I've heard of the Doyle Johnson incident. Thanks for the post. I haven't read the continuation of the article yet, but will later today. Again, thanks.

OP
OP
S

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres a lot neat stuff in there I read more now than I did in school

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread