johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A long day in the marshland with the only large cent predictably beat by th acids. (the face is more beat then the back :D)
The keyhole is a mystery, as it was once attached to leather with bits of leather remaining. Don't know why it was out there in the middle of nowhere unless a trunk or suitcase got washed in during a nor' easter. The button might touch on the colonial/federal period that I'm after, but unfortunately the insert is long gone or it's still in the hole. It's a loop back and it's huge (1.42"). It was very deep, below the peat, the gray sand, down in the red iron gravel. It looks like it might have been a political, so I'm going to try to retrace my steps and screen the hole for the insert if its there and if I can find the hole again

Attachments

• today\'s finds1.jpg
    today\'s finds1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 361
  • large cent today.jpg
    large cent today.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 381
  • button large.jpg
    button large.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 382
  • key hole on leather.jpg
    key hole on leather.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 368
Upvote 0

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jonny buddy,No need to make them look better. They look great.Old is what they are. Old is how they should look. :laughing9: :notworthy: :headbang: Happy for you man on the finds. :thumbsup: See you are LC'ing on me to now :laughing9: and in the marsh at that. Neat Buddy. :thumbsup:
Take Care!
Watch for those holes out there boy them feet getting wet this time of year is not good! :laughing9: :laughing7: :wink:
Pete, :hello:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
A largie is a largie, John! It always makes for a good hunt. :headbang:

Kyle

OP
OP
johnnyi

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KylePA said:
A largie is a largie, John! It always makes for a good hunt. :headbang:

Kyle

Thanks Kyle. I'm feeling better about the large cent now that it's cleaned up a little bit. I always appreciate a big copper "fix". Need them once in a while to stay sane (er) :D I'm in the same boat as your about the "permission" thing though. I'd been researching a site where I suspected the British camped. I'd found the elevated redoubt and everything on the typographical, and then just learned today that the land has been made part of the park system....no metal detecting there.. so back to the drawing board (and the swamp :D).

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad!I will take a Largie any day!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions