Some Interesting Non-Metal Finds

SouthJerseyRyan

Jul 15, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 (10x14 Excelerator Coil) Garrett Pro-Pointer
Well you know after finding that silver Mercury Dime yesterday, I was going right back to that old auto body shop. Found two clad coins and as I was walking back I found two interesting things. A little turtle was poking his head out at me, so I took a picture of him. And then a few feet away I got a metal signal which turned out to be a soda can but right under it I found what appeared to be a arrowhead. I am not sure though. Anyone have expertise in arrowheads?

Attachments

• Turtle Face.JPG
    Turtle Face.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 228
  • Arrowhead.JPG
    Arrowhead.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Welcome to TreasureNet, RMac. I concur with goldfever, nice turtle -- no arrowhead. To be an arrowhead, a piece of stone, glass or metal has to show signs of being worked (knapped or hammered) by man. Your rock has the classic triangular shape, but no apparent work by the hand of man. You have the right idea, though, treasure comes in many different forms so keep your eyes open....and your ear to the ground and your nose to the grindstone and your shoulder to the wheel....and you'll be too worn out to metal detect. Oh, that's not right. Nevermind! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread