some kids trash = my treasure

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008
Went to dump today and waited in line some little kid and his mom were dumping and after they were done he said momy these coins have a one cent on the back and they won't count them and then she said I think they are too dirty so we threw them in the trash. I was like what could it be I dumped and went to the trash and picked up the two wheats let be hold they were1943 steel wheats two of them I was happy. 3rd in two days

Upvote 0

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!! Their loss, your gain. :thumbsup:

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Knowledge is power, and thanks to her, more good old coins will slip through into our hands. Nice grab!

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad mommy reinforced that kids thinking.....
He'll probably go around throwing away dirty pennies for the rest of his life now. Kind of a waste me thinks.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well, people like him and his mother are part of the reason this hobby can still survive! I say let him throw as many coins away as he wants! (As long as those coins make it into the coin counter and they get rolled up.)

-Codes

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Codes, I think bourassa5 said they actually threw em into the trash can. Sounds like they were at a coin counting machine, and the machine wouldn't take em cause they were "too dirty" so they tossed em.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread