Some more good finds today!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was one of those days where we decide to hunt a different park that dates back to the 1940s or so we believe. I was going along and getting nothing and walk to a different area right up near one of the areas where they have picnic tables under a roof.

Prior to this we were all digging memorials in the 5-6" deep range. I get a signal at about 4" deep and dig the plug hoping that I could find an area with a wheat and pray for some silver nearby. Turn the plug over and see a coin.... It's an 1889 Indian Head penny.... Right next to it at the same depth I dig a 1919 wheat penny. Then when it was all said and done from a little 10x10 area I dug 2 more indian heads (1889 and 1909) and 6 more wheats (1910, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19). It was a little hot spot full of old coins. And a few feet away from this area at the same depth I get a silver signal and told Lee "Now here is my silver!" Dig the plug... 4" down see a silver edge of a dime.... We were thinking barber or early mercury... 1939, haha, oh well.

I also found a play dime that is actually dated 1950. Never seen one of those before. After I've gone over this tiny little area a dozen times I move some more and start digging more memorials at 5" deep or deeper.

I then got a penny sounding signal and dug that 1946 canadian nickel. Is there some silver content in it? It was about 5" deep around a spot that produced a couple 1940s wheaties. The reason I ask is because of the signal it gave me and that it came out clean and not all rusty red like nickels normally do.

Then I dug that little medal that has no markings but I'm pretty sure it is silver.

And then I got that little metal coin holder. It fits two nickels on the inside. It is spring loaded. I dug a 1940s wheat at about 5" deep and this was another couple inches deeper right underneath it. Sadly there was no nickel inside of it :(

Totals...

3 indians
11 wheats
1 mercury
17 memorials
1 canadian nickel
1 jefferson nickel

10-29-06-2.JPG

10-29-06.JPG

Upvote 0

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That spot was on fire. What a nice take from a relatively small area.
I love those Mercury dimes, and your IH's came out of the ground looking good.
Congratulations
Johnny

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
nice stuff brian. just by looking at that play coin, it looks like something from the 30s or 40s doesnt it? nice finds!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hey bsco! Nice group of finds. Congrats on the goodies!
Finding that coin holder muct have been a rush.
Wish it had your gold coin in it, bummer, maybe next time.

Smiles!
BDoo

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Wow, a great day indeed. I like your finds, especially the IH's. How do get yours so clean and presentable? Really looking good.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Bsco.

Your finding alot of canadian silver lately.

HH Jer

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds :)

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Very nice. You are an IH magnet! You just keep raking them in. ;D ;D

Also like the Canadian nickel. :) I found my first Canadian silver this weekend(dime).

Mirage

knapper

Jun 25, 2006
atlanta ga
Detector(s) used
IDX CLASSIC , SURFMASTER PI
bscofield6 i want you to come to Atlanta and show me how to find silver like you do. mike in Atlanta

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another splendid day for you, Brian. You're just digging em up left and right.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread