Some more relics from Ark. and silver heart

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
More relics from a hunt a few weeks back, the blob of brass rivets are melted together, the 2nd pic is the back of it, looks like it was melted in a can. The silver heart was found in the same calvary camp I hunted last weekend, looks like the top loop is broke off and has a square nail hole in it. Just wondering what everyone thinks it might be, it looks hand made. Large cent is for size. HH

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 755
  • P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 773
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 770
  • P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 879
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 879
Upvote 0

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great lookin old coin man and the silver looks nice too

badluck

Feb 26, 2008
central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garretts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like a silver spoon, flattened, and cut to a heart shape. A knife was used to make the details around the edge. It was some plunder one of them darn yankees took from some poor southern woman. The break off at the top was where the handle joined perhaps?

James from TN

Apr 26, 2010
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is some nice finds there MKn! Hope someone ID's the silver heart. I thought it maybe a corp badge until I realized that the xxiv corp was in Virginia. They were organized on December 1864. Possible it could be some type of Indian trade silver but someone with some knowledge on that type of thing would have to verify that. The melted rivets are very strange. Never seen anything like it before.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a very interesting piece indeed ! ( the silver ) I don't disagree with the earlier post ,
putting forth the idea that the piece originated from a silver spoon , however- I too think that
piece has a trade silver feel to it as well , and may be much earlier than some of the other finds .
Argentium.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds MK!! That was a productive trip and we may be heading out there next week for a 2 day relic hunt. HH, Quindy.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Argentium said:
this is a very interesting piece indeed ! ( the silver ) I don't disagree with the earlier post ,
putting forth the idea that the piece originated from a silver spoon , however- I too think that
piece has a trade silver feel to it as well , and may be much earlier than some of the other finds .
Argentium.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
badluck said:
It looks like a silver spoon, flattened, and cut to a heart shape. A knife was used to make the details around the edge. It was some plunder one of them darn yankees took from some poor southern woman. The break off at the top was where the handle joined perhaps?

Hey now, easy on us Yankee's. At least this one had a heart. :love9: :love4: :laughing9:
-MM-

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice CW relics there MK. :thumbsup:
That pile of melted rivets is very cool, as is that silver heart.
Two unusual recoveries. :hello2:
Congrats,
MM

OP
OP
M

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the reply's, it looks like indian trade silver to me but i like the reply "It was some plunder one of them darn yankees took from some poor southern woman" by "BADLUCK" , you know it happened all the time, it's been written about alot. So let's get them damn yankees! O, sorry i got carried away and thought i was back in 1863, LOL. HH 2 all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread