Some New additions to the collection

Mooch

Dec 14, 2008
It has been a while since I posted anything so I thought I'd take some pictures of my most recent additions. The Planview was found in Perry Co, Missouri as was the indented base dovetail. The Creek Stained Base Tang was found in Williamson Co, Il about 1955. The Cobden dovetail was found in Jackson Co, IL. The Largest blade measures 9.00 inches long and is 2.00 inches wide. It is made from Kaolin Flint and was found in Union Co, Il near the town of Anna. The next white Stanfield measures 7.5/8 and is from Randoulph Co, IL. The Kaolin blade is from Jackson Co, IL and was pictured in a Central States Journal back in the 1950's. The Miniature Panel bannerstone was found in Fulton Co, Il sometime prior to 1941 near Havana. The pair of Hardstone baners were found together in Trigg Co, Ky. They are pictured in a Central States back in the 87 I believe and David Lutz's Bannerstone Book. The big Hopewell Pendant is from Perry Co, IL Anyway, these are the best pieces that I've came up with in the last 3 months or so. Thanks again, Mooch

Attachments

• stuff may 003.JPG
    stuff may 003.JPG
    331.3 KB · Views: 328
  • stuff may 005.JPG
    stuff may 005.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 327
  • stuff may 006.JPG
    stuff may 006.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 341
  • stuff may 007.JPG
    stuff may 007.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 331
  • stuff may 008.JPG
    stuff may 008.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 342
  • stuff may 009.JPG
    stuff may 009.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mooch they are are museum quality. I find anything over 3" that's big now days. Nice acquisitions. Are you planning on adding them to your personal collection or will you sell them if the opportunity presents itself? Thanks for showing and glad to see you back posting.
Take care
TnMtns

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
that base tang is amazing, i love the patina, i agree with tn, all museum quality pieces!!!!!! :)

OP
OP
M

Mooch

Dec 14, 2008
None of these are personal Finds. I still get a rush tracking down a lead driving hundreds of miles and finding a gem in a collection. I will admit not the same as finding a piece but its still a lot of fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread