Some New Finds From The Past Couple Of Weeks

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got my computer problems fixed so I can post pictures again, so here's some of my finds from the past weeks or so.

These first few pics are all from a Ft Ancient site.

Pic #1. This is some finds from the dig site Paleo Joe and I have been digging. Three Triangle Points, a crude Pottery Disc, a piece of cut and worked Deer Antler, and a Cannel Coal Pendant.

Pic #2. Close up of Pendant.

Pic #3. Close up Deer Antler showing worked area. You can see the grooves where they were sharpening it.

Pic #4. This is a picture of the tray of artifacts from the Dig Site. Some are surface finds some we have dug.

Attachments

• New Pieces01.jpg
    New Pieces01.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 524
  • New Pieces10.jpg
    New Pieces10.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 518
  • New Pieces07.jpg
    New Pieces07.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 525
  • New Pieces02.jpg
    New Pieces02.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 520
Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more. These are from another site that I hunted last Thursday.

Pics #1 and #2. A really nice Stemmed Point made from Coshocton Flint. Just a little short of 4 inches.

Pics #3 and #4. Another Stemmed Point that I believe may be Paleo. It has nice flaking and a ground base.

Pic #5. This is all of the small flakes and scrapers I found. Almost every piece of flint you pick up at this site has a worked edge on it, either on the side or the ends and were utilized as small Scrapers or tools.

Pic #6. Some other pieces from the same site as the points above. The Bifurcate looks broken on the tip, but it's actually made that way.

Attachments

• New Pieces37.jpg
    New Pieces37.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 498
  • New Pieces24.jpg
    New Pieces24.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 509
  • New Pieces21.jpg
    New Pieces21.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 505
  • New Pieces18.jpg
    New Pieces18.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 515
  • New Pieces17.jpg
    New Pieces17.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 514
  • New Pieces30.jpg
    New Pieces30.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 499

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice especially the Paleo point. Steve let us know when you find out what that point is. I'm very curious.
Thanks.

Molly.

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Molly, it looks very similar to a Holland Point, but I'm not real certain they are found in my area. I suppose it could have been brought in by trade or found by a later culture and brought into my area.

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Yey, love the pendant. Love that site. Good job Steve.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DorkFish said:
Molly, it looks very similar to a Holland Point, but I'm not real certain they are found in my area. I suppose it could have been brought in by trade or found by a later culture and brought into my area.

Ok, that was my first thought. It's a fine point.

Molly.

A

archaeon

Dorkfish...i saw in my email that you sent me a PM. i cannot read personal messages, i have beene restricted from reading them or sending them. please email me at [email protected]

A

archaeon

Dorkfish...i saw in my email that you sent me a PM. i cannot read personal messages, i have beene restricted from reading them or sending them. please email me at [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread