bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, I wasn't able to get out this week, but here's some of my finds from last week. I went back to my cavalry spot where I recently found the three Connecticut buttons, the North Carolina button, and New York button. At one point I concentrated on the spot where I had found two of the Connecticut buttons close together along with all of the epaulette parts, a dropped three ringer, and an eagle cuff button. It seemed to be a small little area that was a hot spot. There was still a large dead, rotten tree trunk directly beside where one of the buttons came from. I knew there had to be signals under it so I took about 20 minutes to clear it away. Sure enough, right there in a five foot area were two .36 cal Colt pistol rounds in the same hole, then a dropped three ringer right beside that, and then another intact Spencer round near that. Hopefully the pictures will load in sequence of the way I load them where you can first only barely make out the Spencer as I begin to extract it. I also found a few more Spencers that day and a cartridge box finial elsewhere in the woods not near this little encampment.

The second set of pics of all of the lead in one shot and the ones after, are all of bullets very near my home. There is a section of woods behind my neighborhood that I have been meaning to hunt for years but never have. Me and my buddy finally hit it a little bit last weekend. There was civil war troop movement all through this area so I knew the chances of finding something civil war related were good. As I got into the woods, I noticed one hillside on the other side of a creek that immediately grabbed my attention. "That looks like a good hillside to shoot bullets into and zero a weapon back in the day." Sure enough, as soon as I crossed the creek and put coil to the ground, shot lead starting pooping out. Most of the rounds are what look like the same colt repeating rifle rounds that I have found at my cav spot. I did find three fired Sharps, and two unknowns in there as well. Oddly enough, I pulled out 35 rounds which ended up being the same number of Spencers I pulled out of the one hole at the cav camp. I think there are actually plenty of rounds left in this hillside but I needed to get going. I'll get over there and pluck out the rest soon. Oh yeah, the water shot is what I could have sworn was a button laying in the water and turned out to be the back of an acorn. Tell me that doesn't look like a button.

Man, after posting this and seeing the photos, I'm wondering why the heck this website doesn't post pics in the order that you load them. Moderators, pleaaaase fix this!

Attachments

• cavcamp......jpg
    cavcamp......jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 75
  • cavcamp.......jpg
    cavcamp.......jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 68
  • cavcamp........jpg
    cavcamp........jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 70
  • cavcamp.........jpg
    cavcamp.........jpg