Some nice bottles

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
minelab sd2100. whites gmt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided since i cant decide on what metal detector i want , to go and dig up an old homesite that i had found..well didnt get far and found some good looking bottles,, 2 still had the cork in them and one that was corked has some liquid in it still.the green one says the celebrated h.h.horse medicine.. ddt 1868. on the front.
DSC00881.JPG

DSC00883.JPG
DSC00884.JPG

Upvote 3

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Nice bottles mthunter22, how did you get them so clean? Mine always come out pretty bad. Good job.

OP
OP
M

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i start by using a scrubber on the outside and anything that sticks i use a s.o.s pad on and then the inside i use a variety of bottle brushes and for all the stuff i cant reach i use a bunch of bb,s with some soap and water and shake them around till i get it where i want it..im not sure how to get the very stuck on mineral deposits on the inside but i may try some solvents and see if that will do it..

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i start by using a scrubber on the outside and anything that sticks i use a s.o.s pad on and then the inside i use a variety of bottle brushes and for all the stuff i cant reach i use a bunch of bb,s with some soap and water and shake them around till i get it where i want it..im not sure how to get the very stuck on mineral deposits on the inside but i may try some solvents and see if that will do it..
Thanks for the tips. Nice finds!

Vizzio

Jun 11, 2012
Missoula, MT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2 w/ 11" DD Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MT Hunter,

I've got a spare md that you could test out if you are ever in the Missoula area :) Fisher F2, I will also let you looka t my etrac :P

-Randy

OP
OP
M

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks vizio,, i have a minelab 2100.and have found lots of stuff but no gold,, so now i am trying to decide between the whites gmt and the fisher gold bug pro.. for the small gold..

beau-bc

Mar 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT&Deus for relics &coins
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bottles, good clean job. Have a 2100 also,like the manual groundbalance, reliable PI detector.Old tech,from 1999 but still works good.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only are they nice bottles, but the photography is top notch. Beautiful pics!

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Some cheap toilet bowel cleaner for the stubborn spots. It works great with the BB's.

OP
OP
M

mthunter22

Apr 14, 2013
missoula,mt
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ill have to give it a try thanks for all the compliments and advice..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions