Some Nice Civ Before the Snow Comes.

payload77

Jul 3, 2014
WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these where some Confederates, led by General McCausland, camped one night in August 1864. I know there's more to be found at that sight, but it's been brutally cold this week, and we're going to get hammered with snow Friday, so I'll wait for later. Anyway, we have three dropped 58 cal Minie balls, two fired ones, two 69 cal round balls, one 70 cal round ball, what I think is a musket hammer, and a Richmond Labs 36 cal bullet from the Colt Navy pistol. All of these were found in an area about 10 by 10 feet, some maybe they at a campfire? Who knows, it still neat as hell, and I'll be back there as soon as I can. Spring will be here soon! Enjoy fellas, HH!

Attachments

• 1453358350548.jpg
    1453358350548.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 15

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a pistol bullet like that once, very cool! Nice assortment of bullets. Sounds like a great site. Keep us posted.
Maybe the snow will leave as fast as it came

HH, Relic Nut

OP
OP
P

payload77

Jul 3, 2014
WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a pistol bullet like that once, very cool! Nice assortment of bullets. Sounds like a great site. Keep us posted.
Maybe the snow will leave as fast as it came

HH, Relic Nut

I hope your right about the snow, but I bet it's here for a while. We're looking at two to three feet tomorrow.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to get it in before all hell breaks loose.i think you guys over there in the hills are supposed to get rocked too.congrats on the 36 colt.not a easy drop one to find.Stay safe,and keep warm.

OP
OP
P

payload77

Jul 3, 2014
WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to get it in before all hell breaks loose.i think you guys over there in the hills are supposed to get rocked too.congrats on the 36 colt.not a easy drop one to find.Stay safe,and keep warm.

Thanks man.

chrisdigs

Oct 1, 2015
Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro,Garrett At MAX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome finds, glad you were able to pull out some good stuff before the storm, heavy rain keep me in, it will be interesting to see what else you can pull from that campsite....good luck[emoji106]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread