Some nickels and dimes

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
good score - that's about $8 in silver for $80 - about a quick 10% return on your money. Actually my results with nickels and dimes has been pretty similar using about this same volume a couple of times a week. If I could get similar results with more volume I could make some decent money. Like getting $100 worth of silver for $1000 fv in rolls. And another great thing about this hobby - inflation works in our favor because as pm prices continue to rise so does the return on our money. I remember searching for silver nickels less than 2 years ago when they were only worth $1 and dimes just a little more. Silver dimes and nickels will soon be worth over $5 each so a same score like this would yield about twice as much - a quick 20% return on your money. What a great hobby. Like I always say - getting silver @ face is definitely for me. The problem is - as the economy worsens and inflation continues to increase - more and more people will begin to realise this is a relatively easy and profitable way to make some money and there will be more competition for us CRHers and maybe the banks will be less cooperative and more of them might start charging fees for coin orders.

Keep on searching!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Also this hobby seems to be about as addictive as gambling but unlike gambling we have nothing to loose (except maybe some minor costs like gas depending on how you do it) and everything to gain. And like I said our gains will only get better and better as inflation and pm prices continue to rise. Unless of course like I said competition becomes too much of a factor.

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
That's not a 10% return on your investment. That is a 4000% return on your investment as the "invested" money is still holding its face value.

OWS

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
obsessedwithsilver said:
That's not a 10% return on your investment. That is a 4000% return on your investment as the "invested" money is still holding its face value.

OWS

If you use $80 to make a total of $88 in one day that's a one day retun of 10%. If you are referring to a total annual return on your money then yes the return is incredible - that's my point.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
And as with other types of "investments" there is no risk with CRHing - only incredible gains and returns. Though as we all know some weeks are better than others but overall the no-risk returns from CRHing are amazing. Thanks in large part to our good friend Ben Bernanke. As Americans we should all hate this guy for destroying our economy but as pm investors and CRHer's we should love this guy for helping to make this such a profitable hobby. As I often say when I think of all my nice scores and as all my pm investments continue to rise - THANK YOU FEDERAL RESERVE!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
well, I just scored another 2 silver nicks ('44S & 45S) from just $30 fv. Added to my "68 half I scored earlier this morning from just $2.50 fv I bought at another bank I had a good day. So my measly $32.50 "investment" yielded about $11.50 in silver which is a one day return of about 35%. Not bad considering the NASDAQ has an 11 year return of about -50%. And to compare, I don't even know what 35% a day would be over an 11 year period of time - though today was a better than average day - at least % wise. It's definitely time for me to start increasing my volume.

HH

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
SilverFace said:
And as with other types of "investments" there is no risk with CRHing - only incredible gains and returns. Though as we all know some weeks are better than others but overall the no-risk returns from CRHing are amazing. Thanks in large part to our good friend Ben Bernanke. As Americans we should all hate this guy for destroying our economy but as pm investors and CRHer's we should love this guy for helping to make this such a profitable hobby. As I often say when I think of all my nice scores and as all my pm investments continue to rise - THANK YOU FEDERAL RESERVE!

I think the "no risk" crowd play down some definite risks... I don't normally carry around $1000 in cash when I'm just out and about, but when I'm looking to buy coins I am carrying that much. I also may be leaving a $500 box in my car when I go in to a bank. Either way if I got mugged or my car got broken in to, I would lose a lot more than I normally would thanks to having that much cash on hand. Not a big risk, but one I definitely think about.

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
SilverFace said:
Also this hobby seems to be about as addictive as gambling but unlike gambling we have nothing to loose (except maybe some minor costs like gas depending on how you do it) and everything to gain. And like I said our gains will only get better and better as inflation and pm prices continue to rise. Unless of course like I said competition becomes too much of a factor.

When inflation does occur, we dont MAKE money with our silver, but hold what we have. the cost of other items, such as food will rise and we can now buy less of it with the money we had, but an equal amount with silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread