Some of my best finds yet. Coins, buttons, relics... I am on fire!

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello again all. As I type this I am so sore from all the walking in the hot sun today... and I think I have sunburn too - also tons of scratches and puncture marks from those damn thorns. :-\

Between work, college, and detecting, I don't have much time to take pictures of my finds and post stuff here. I have been on a roll lately with finding stuff. So far this year I have found about 60 buttons, 6 Large Cents, 5 Colonial Largies, 1 Half Cent, 4 Indian Heads, 1 Half Dime, a 160 year old gun, tons of other relics, and of course boxes full of junk! The metal detecting gods have been good to me! :notworthy:

The following pictures are from the last few weeks from 2 different sites, one of which I found today... and she was a virgin! I can't wait to get back to her. :laughing7:

The one oblong relic you see at the bottom is half of an old stirrup (thanks for helping me ID it on the What Is It forum (you know who you are!)). It's probably close to 200 years old. At first I thought it was a spoon for a very special individual... LOL! I can't seem to find the other piece. :(

If anyone knows what the button with the anchor is... please let me know? (it's really tiny.) Maybe British?

Anyways, on with the pics... Happy Hunting all.
:occasion14: :occasion14:

Attachments

• 1837-Half-Dime-Before-and-After.jpg
    1837-Half-Dime-Before-and-After.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 1,040
  • April-Finds-Group-Shot.jpg
    April-Finds-Group-Shot.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 1,011
  • 1811-LC.jpg
    1811-LC.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,016
  • Anchor-Button.jpg
    Anchor-Button.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • CW-Field-First-Hunt.jpg
    CW-Field-First-Hunt.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,016
  • CW-A-Button.jpg
    CW-A-Button.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,011
  • Broken-Stirrup.jpg
    Broken-Stirrup.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,009
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Elad

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Timekiller said:
You are on fire. 8) That's a batch of find historic goodies to be proud of. :headbang: Continue on burning the flame of colonial madness :headbang:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

I am heading up to New England this weekend. There are a few old home sites I might detect if it's not raining. Hopefully I will be on fire up there as well!

Thanks for the kind words. 8)

OP
OP
Elad

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions