Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Since it looks like this season's hunting is about to come to an end, thought I'd take a group shot of some of the nicer finds from the past few months. My partner Reid and I were only able to get into one new productive site this year, and the rest of the digs came from hitting old, pounded sites. Guess the highlight for the season was digging 3 more hammered silvers from extreme depths using a borrowed Minelab GPX 4000. I also found my first early regimental buttons - a French 85th (Rev War) and a British 13th Regiment of Foot (War of 1812). Also dug a Scottish Highlanders thistle button (Rev War). So all-in-all it was not a bad year. But to take it to the next level I need to intensify my research efforts, and that includes making trips this summer to the Library of Virginia and Virginia Historical Society in Richmond to see if I can uncover some maps or other documentation showing early colonial homesites in my neck of the woods. So I can't wait until the Fall when I'll be back out pounding the fields again. HH to all ..... Bill

Attachments

• 2010-2011 relic season.JPG
    2010-2011 relic season.JPG
    301.4 KB · Views: 1,112
Upvote 0

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I would call that a good year!... too bad your cut short on your season when so many of us are just starting... thanks for sharing :tongue3:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Bill! You always say the season is over, then you go out and dig a pile of stuff :laughing7: :laughing7:

I will say this....you have had a great season (so far) :headbang: :thumbsup: :notworthy:

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff you have dug Bill,my kinda finds.Love the oldest things that can be found for a state.And you are doing it.Just wish my silver count would come up more ;D but that's how it goes.If it's from some of the first people here in this country then it's all good don't have to be coins to me.Just the thought of what these people went through to get here (the ride across the atlantic) & then to set foot in a land that was unknown & make life happen thrills me. :hello2: So any thing from those times are killer in my book.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

U

umrgolf

Heckuva season Bill :icon_thumleft: that's the stuff I miss right there :hello2:

gloddigger

Apr 6, 2011
good for u but I need help here in Calif just posted about The lost shipment of The Los Padre glod mine

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that is what I call a pile of Colonial sweetness. :headbang: You always have great digging seasons, Bill. You have done very well this year and I can't wait to see what VA has for you in the Fall. :icon_thumleft: Thank you for sharing the same passion. :headbang:

Kirk :hello:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Those are some nice looking finds Bill.

Yes research really does help. You already probably know this but it takes hrs of searching to find a good site. I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Jer

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Those pictures are every reason I love living in Virginia. Great hunt Bill WTG :thumbsup:

bocephus99

Jun 18, 2010
Boy, if that doesn't get your heart pumpin' I don't know what will! WoW!! Makes me want to get in the field right now!!

Great pic, should be on a calendar or something....Good Job and Congrats! :icon_thumright:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a season there Bill ! Thats some real eyecandy right there :headbang: . I really enjoyed your posts of finding some more of the missing Hammered silver coin hoard , That must have been such a great feeling for you :icon_sunny: It's Ironic That your spring season is over and I still have areas that are still frozen and snowbound and cannot be hunted ! You can't argue with success like that though ! So I wish you the very best of luck whenever you hunt and look forward to seeing some more spectacticular finds posted in the future . MaineRelic

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice bunch of finds, it looks like you kept busy. Brian C.

ewcoinhunter

Mar 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-Trac and Sun-Ray Probe
Can't complain with those finds, what a haul! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
SkyPirate said:
It's Spring! Why is your season comming to an end? ??? :icon_scratch:

Nearly all of my hunting is done in cultivated fields. By this time of year either the weeds have taken over, or planting has begun, so I no longer have access. I still do find an occassional field or construction site to hit during the spring or summer, but for all intents and purposes I'm done for the year by mid-April.

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Bill D. (VA) said:
SkyPirate said:
It's Spring! Why is your season comming to an end? ??? :icon_scratch:

Nearly all of my hunting is done in cultivated fields. By this time of year either the weeds have taken over, or planting has begun, so I no longer have access. I still do find an occassional field or construction site to hit during the spring or summer, but for all intents and purposes I'm done for the year by mid-April.
Do not fear the woods. You can find some things there as well. Clearly you have a good sense for researching the sites, so find a few to blast through during the summerr. Unless you have some sweet vacation plans.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread