Some of my favorites...

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to read a lot of the same categories; self-help, biographies, psychology, entrepreneur-ship, etc. Below is a list of some of my all time fave's...

The Celestine Prophecy

The Magic of Believing

The Psychology of Persuasion - EXCELLENT book. You can almost control mind's after reading it!!!

The Miracle of Fasting - The author of this book was lifting weights well into his 90's!!! Follow the book to prevent almost any sickness, rapid aging or disease!!!

The Mucousless Diet - Another winner. A little hard-core, but, it's what "they" don't want you to know.

Million-Aire magazine - Tough to get, but, track it down and order a subscription. Not vague like the other success mags. This one actually interviews folks that started from NOTHING and they explain step-by-step how to do what they did to become rich. Very detailed and hands-on. A definitive plan-of-action.

How to Write a Screenplay in 21 days - If you've ever thought about writing a movie, this book will show you EXACTLY how to do it. Can't make it a GOOD screenplay, that comes down to talent, but, it will outline the whole battle-plan to gitter done :laughing7:

God's Middle Finger - This is a true story. You will NOT be able to put it down. The story of a drifter who decides to go looking for lost gold in the dangerous Sierra Madre mountain ranges and the escapades that follow. If you're a TRUE treasure hunter, pick up this book!!!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did see two on here I will look into getting, can't say which ones... Maybe you'll just have to wait to see the movie :laughing7:

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope I'm invited to the premier Spart?!?! I've written a few screenplays myself. I was an actor from my teens through my early 20's. Did some stand-up too.

Writing is NOT easy. I have the talent, but, not the discipline. Verrrrrrrry hard. If you're gonna tackle writing a movie, just know two things...

1. Figure out what audience your movie will be geared to BEFORE you even write one word. If you want to sell your movie anyway :tongue3: Has to fit into the "slot" of what is currently "hot", what the studio's are buying, etc. For instance, if you're thinking of doing a film about anorexic buddhist monks who are also card sharks, well, their probably won't be a market for that :laughing7: Center your writing around what's hot. Fit it into a clearly defined niche.

2. All good writing (the BEST writing) is actually in the re-writing. Unless you're a genius, your first draft will probably be worse than skunk excrement. That's okay though. The first draft is kinda like a blueprint. It'll get you where you want to go, but, gonna need to be changed and re-structured. Gotta be tight.

One more piece of advice. Most movies are anywhere from 90 to 120 pages long. A wise teacher told me this years ago...try and go with the 90 if possible. Why? You automatically save yourself 25% of stress and headaches. Also, it's better to have a great 90 minute film versus a terrible or mediocre 120 minute film :thumbsup:

P.S. - If you need to fill any role that requires the leading man to make hot, passionate love to at least one female in the movie, feel free to give me a ring :laughing7:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told I was an excellent writer from the time I was in about the 9th grade up until the present. But I too lack the discipline to follow up on it. I have started 3 books and never finished any of them. I think I would do best at short stories since I am a pretty good tale teller. But anyway, I'm getting up in age now and don't now if I will ever finish one. Monty

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monty said:
I have been told I was an excellent writer from the time I was in about the 9th grade up until the present. But I too lack the discipline to follow up on it. I have started 3 books and never finished any of them. I think I would do best at short stories since I am a pretty good tale teller. But anyway, I'm getting up in age now and don't now if I will ever finish one. Monty

As long as you have a heartbeat, its never too late to start. That is the truth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread