Some of my finds from the hunt..

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Just wanted to start by saying I had a very good time. I would like to thank JD, his wife and all that helped put this on. I would especially like to thank the land owners, you could not ask for a nicer couple. My day started a little slow. All I was finding was pieces of lead from the molds they used to make the bullets. Then I got a great signal on my MXT. I dug and dug and still couldn't find it. Then I believe it was Burdie that came to my rescue with his pinpointer. We found it a very nice square nail. So I figured it was time to search another spot. I did manage to find half of a horse shoe and a whatzit (that I will post so PBK can tell me what it is). After dinner things started to get better. I first found the ring and then about 3 feet away my first button. Needless to say I was now grinning ear to ear. After cleaning the button so I could make out the eagle I headed back out. I think I was at it for about a half hour and out comes the other eagle. Wow I couldn't believe I had found two. Well thats how my day went, couldn't ask for a better day.

Attachments

• mohunt 007.jpg
    mohunt 007.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 371
  • mohunt 008.jpg
    mohunt 008.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 367
  • mohunt 009.jpg
    mohunt 009.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 379

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to help a fellow MD hunter. Nice visiting with you at the camp. I was the one eating all the time. ;D
Congrats on those buttons Lucky. I hope we meet again.

Burdie

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Sweet digs my friend. All 3 great finds. Nice to meet you and your family. Not much in the morning, but your luck really changed quickly...I guess that is why you are lucky! ;D

Bobby

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's why we call you lucky, Lucky! ;) It sounds like you had a great time and made some awesome finds. :)

What do you think the ring is made from?

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
wow! that is outstanding!! way to go!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! It was nice to meet ya and hopefully I can make it up your way sometime for a hunt!

OP
OP
lucky1777

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Thanks for the replies, Just give me a yell when ever any of you come to West Central Illinois.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky, Lucky! What a day you had! Just awesome finds! It was a pleasure to meet you and your family! Those buttons look a bunch better!

Congrats on your beautiful finds!!!! Nana :)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Lucky, ya did good! Congrats on the buttons and ring! BTW, she still loves the Cibola. She even outdid me on the round balls. :-[ LOL

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and congrats on that ring! Thanks for sharing the pics and HH, Mike

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU SUCK!!!! ;D

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now this was supose to be a friendly hunt!! lolol Do you sence a little competition !!!! Those are some great eagle buttons , glad to see the nice stuff everyone has found! :) :) :)

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Dang, talked to Lucky at lunch and he was telling me about the great barb wire and iron whatzits he found. Come back for the drawings and he is showing off bullets and buttons! You didn't hear the rules at the beginning of the hunt ?? One button per person. I didn't find one, so you can just mail one to me :) The one on the left would be fine.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya Lucky,

I think I should had held on to that elephant till after the hunt. It brought you good luck with your awesome finds. It was a pleasure meeting you and the family.

;) RR

OP
OP
lucky1777

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
I think I need to find a way to take him along to all my hunts. Thanks again RR, it was great meeting you and your husband.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread