Some of my finds yesterday, made out like a bandit! Murano, Mr. Mouth, Blatz, headpho

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1 a Vintage Murano Italy Ribbon Latticino Handkerchief Vase-Hand Blown Venetian Art Glass paid a staggering $15 but its still a good deal ($50 minimum on the bay for 1 like this)

#2 a 1980's Willie Nelson brass backstage pass paid $2 ($38-$65 on the bay)

#3 a vintage & working Exactra 20 calculator paid .50 cents ($65-$130 on the bay) Kind of rare!

#4 a vintage Blatz mug / stein with a wood barrel type exterior, rope handles with copper rings & a plastic removable inner cup. Paid $1 ($10-$15 on the bay)

#5 A vintage 1976 Mr. Mouth game complete in box for .75 cents ($20-$30 on the bay)

#6 3 sets of new in the box headphones I gave $3 for. First 2 sets are Radio Shack AM/FM radio type (that go for $30 on the bay USED & these both are brand new). Second set are vintage Realistic Nova 65, also brand new in the box (about $30 or so on the bay) I will try these out with my MD first!

So it was a good day all said & done! Going to post my coolest find in a second separate post.

DSC02355.JPG DSC02356.JPG DSC02357.JPG DSC02359.JPG DSC02361.JPG DSC02368.JPG DSC02369.JPG DSC02370.JPG
DSC02364.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I like the Willie Nelson Badge and the Ribbon vase. I actually met Willie in Georgetown, Ky. at a friends fundraising party when Gatewood Gailbraith was running for Gov. back in '95. Rest In Peace Gatewood Galbraith - Willie Nelson

Haven't heard old Gatewood's name in years! Man I bet the aroma at that party was nice...ha. Mix one part Galbraith with one part Nelson & one part Kentucky & I'm sure you get some fine smelling air!

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice vase, I bought 3 murano swan center pieces a couple weeks ago. That Italian glass is very nice.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the vase! Nice finds!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the vase. :icon_thumleft:

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the Exactra 20. Vintage calculators (especially HP models) are always a good bet. If the calculator has red numbers, I always take a flyer on it if priced cheap ... not always a hit, but more often than not, a good buy. I've bought a couple for $1 or 2 and resold them for 100 to 150.

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Exactra 20. Vintage calculators (especially HP models) are always a good bet. If the calculator has red numbers, I always take a flyer on it if priced cheap ... not always a hit, but more often than not, a good buy. I've bought a couple for $1 or 2 and resold them for 100 to 150.

The Exactra 20 is pretty rare, there are maybe 10-12 completed auctions on the bay & every single one sold. Highest being $130.

I have a same age & almost identical looking Texas Instruments I got a month or so ago but have not listed it yet. It's worth almost but not quite as much as the Exactra. It's funny seeing these old calculators that need 3 freaking AA batteries!

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done. These things would have all escaped me at a sale - I'd have no idea that they had value.

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done. These things would have all escaped me at a sale - I'd have no idea that they had value.

Mid 70's thru mid 80's stuff has been real good to me... Look up some odd or cool things from that time period & you will be surprised on the value of many of those things! BMX bikes from that time frame have made me thousands & thousands of dollars alone the past few years. Buy em for $50 to $150 & part em out for $700-$800-$900 or sometimes even way more! Bought a 1985 Redline RL22 Freestyle BMX bike for $250, added a few missing pieces for $50 & sold it as a complete bike for $2800. I did about the same thing with a same year Hutch Trickstar $375 invested & sold it for $3500!

Last edited:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Wow, nice vase! Mention "Lutz" in the title as well to draw buyers who look for the gold lutz in your vase. When found in a marble, lutz makes a $20 marble into hundreds sometimes. I don't know if that's the case with vases or not.

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice vase! Mention "Lutz" in the title as well to draw buyers who look for the gold lutz in your vase. When found in a marble, lutz makes a $20 marble into hundreds sometimes. I don't know if that's the case with vases or not.

Thanks for the tip! I see it called filigree in these types of vases but I think I have seen "Lutz" before & didn't know exactly what they were referring to. I've also seen it called something else that slips my mind at the moment in the thick Murano pieces that are not of the thin Venetian art glass type.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread