Some of my fossils!

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Stumbled into this section the other night..neat stuff!!! Here are a few of my fossils. I need to dig out the others and get pics..I don't have a good way to display them that also keeps them safe, so I pack them up. Unfortunately I forget about them this way!

fossils.jpg

fossilurchin.jpg

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Nice group of fossils! Are they from Texas?

Here's a fossil from the Glass Mountains of West Texas. You have to drip hydrochloric acid on the massive limestone to expose the "glass" fossils within.

coralsolitaryglassmtn.jpg
brachiopodglassmtn.jpg

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
WOW!! I've never seen one like that...

Yes, those are from north Texas, north and west of the metromess! I usually pick them up when hunting for critters, which means that sometimes my critter hunts turn into fossil expeditions! LOL..I'm kinda A.D.D. that way..

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know about 'boxing them up', we have moved several times, & it's like Christmas when I open them again. ;D

Fossis............

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So true... I once found a small box of arrowheads I had tucked away for safekeeping, it brought back a flood of memories about the place I found them. It also started me on the search for the larger box that had the bulk of my collection, that I never found! At least the small box contained the best ones..but I'd still like to find the other box!

Thing about the fossils though-I had a huge collection as a kid that I'd pulled from the local creeks. My parents got rid of them when I went to college and by the time I even remembered them to look for them it was years later. Maybe one of these days I'll run across a scrap sale or auction that has the type of cabinets you see in rock shops for displaying cool stuff...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread