Some of my gold rings

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• Rings 001.jpg
    Rings 001.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 827
  • Rings 002.jpg
    Rings 002.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 831
Upvote 0

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
That is one impressive collection of rings bk.

Is there some area you search that is more likely to produce the rings? i.e. parks, around schools, beach?

OP
OP
bk

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In answer to the last few posts, Most of these rings were found with an older TR detector. I have not found many rings with the newer target ID detectors. Thats probably my fault because I rely too much on what the meter is telling me rather than how the target "sounds". Of course maybe there were more things to be found then also.
Most of the class rings were found on athletic fields. (Football and baseball). I was always looking for the older ones that would produce silver coins too.
For some reason I think I could actually tell a gold ring from a pull tab just by the sound on the old TR detectors.
Now I would have to dig probably 1000 pulltabs for every ring, maybe more.
I don't know if that helps much, but I think I actually did better with the older type of detectors.
My areas of interest now are focused on construction sites were the dirt has been moved around. For that I still prefer to use an older Garrett Freedom II. (circa 1986). The trasher the area, the better I seem to do.

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
yes , like "thc" said , for u not water hunting ur doing one great job,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions