Some of the last few days finds Quarter Trifecta Starting with a Seated

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After being corrected on what a true trifecta was the last time I posted a decided to go after the seated at the same place and yesterday I got it along with 3 IH pennies 1887,1888 & 1889 plus a 1901 British Farthing with a hole in the top which I guess was on a chain my best guess. Anyway here's the pictures of the Quarter Trifecta all within the last 10 days in the same place.

1856 Seated
33mn7ue.jpg

Back of it
wkslxl.jpg

1898 Barber
2qlbmzq.jpg

Back Of it
65yjv4.jpg

Unknown Date Standing Liberty
zvd4i.jpg

Back Of it
257iumw.jpg

All these came with the Ace 250. Something I learned since starting a few months ago with this machine. The Properformance coil 9x12 will get you a few inches deeper. Once you clean all the trash on the top layer up it opens up a whole new layer of things to find. When in doubt dig it. I just ordered a sniper coil and can't wait to try it in the same area this spot just keeps on giving. So far I have pulled over 10 silver, tons of wheats & Clad,tons of relics and a few foriegn coins. I love this hobby

Upvote 0

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT
Re: Some of the last few days finds

great finds!!!
cleaning out the trash sure does help!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Some of the last few days finds

Also got Washington Silver Quarters out of here but figured eveyones seen them no need to post em. ;D

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice variety of finds, especially in a little over a weeks time. You're on a roll bud.
Mike

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Way to go on the awesome finds. I guess you can say you pulled the trifecta for that site cant you.
With the 250 doing so well there, it makes me wonder...hmmmmm.lol Where were you hunting again?.lol 8)

OP
OP
lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnny Ringo Silver said:
Way to go on the awesome finds. I guess you can say you pulled the trifecta for that site cant you.
With the 250 doing so well there, it makes me wonder...hmmmmm.lol Where were you hunting again?.lol 8)

Middle of Kansas :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! I have to spring for the larger 250 search coil myself. I think that will improve my finds. I will be in Ocean City, MD next week to relieve you of some of the items people from NJ leave behind :laughing9:

OP
OP
lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Great finds!! I have to spring for the larger 250 search coil myself. I think that will improve my finds. I will be in Ocean City, MD next week to relieve you of some of the items people from NJ leave behind :laughing9:

Have at it and good luck should be plenty to find. I hate that place. She was a very nice place back in the 80's and 90's now full of people and trash. OC got that big sand sifter that picks up thing at the edge of dark make sure you hunt evening before it comes thru would love to see what the town has collected from the sandsifter in the last few years. Bet they don't return anything to owner that is identifiable.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg sweet silver

OP
OP
lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John Deere Digger said:
Nice set of quarters, congrats. Love the lonely duckhunter handle. I give ducks a go when I can.
JDD

My mom called me that 20 years ago when I went duckhunting in a thunderstorm she said your going to be one "lonelyduckhunter" so I kept the alias on all the forums I'm on. Waterfowling is number 1 hobby nothing like seeing 200 Canvasbacks drop into the spread feet down.

piratesgold

Apr 29, 2008
CT
Detector(s) used
White's M6
If you found silver washingtons in addition to this.... It's not a trifecta, It's a grandslam!!!

Rock on.

Lucky

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
lonelyduckhunter said:
John Deere Digger said:
Nice set of quarters, congrats. Love the lonely duckhunter handle. I give ducks a go when I can.
JDD

My mom called me that 20 years ago when I went duckhunting in a thunderstorm she said your going to be one "lonelyduckhunter" so I kept the alias on all the forums I'm on. Waterfowling is number 1 hobby nothing like seeing 200 Canvasbacks drop into the spread feet down.

Never shot a Can. Seen a couple, just not close enough for a shot. We mainly hunt mallards in timber or open fields. Mallards falling into the trees is pretty amazing. We also add a few wigeon and pintails sometimes. Happy Hunting, ducks or coins.
JDD

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds - congrats!!! :icon_pirat:

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
WHAT?!!! No picture of those trhee little Indians?
Great hunting! Congratulations on a great few days!
By the way. I would call that SLQ a 1916! LMAO!!!
You all know the rule, "You dug it, You call it!".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread