OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
I only have black bears and larger coyotes, and they are usually pretty relaxed. The occasional mountain lion passes through the area. I prefer big things I can see and avoid easily vrs the spiders and snakes. I can wander into any body of water or thick brush/tall grass around me and have no worries minus maybe a few ticks.
Thankfully too dry here in our area for Ticks with limes disease. 👍
I still wouldn't like to meet a bear though.😕

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankfully too dry here in our area for Ticks with limes disease. 👍
I still wouldn't like to meet a bear though.😕
we used to keep our garage door propped open a few inches with a brick for the cats(manual open no motor). came home late one night and threw open the garage door to be face to face (literally 6 feet away)with a bear eating my trash. He had opened the door to get under and it shut behind him. Even cornered he did not attack, instead we both promptly shat our pants and ran together for a few steps before we veered away from each other and i scooted around the side of the house. Worst thing we have to deal with for our bear is electrifying our bird feeder so he won't trash it.

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
we used to keep our garage door propped open a few inches with a brick for the cats(manual open no motor). came home late one night and threw open the garage door to be face to face (literally 6 feet away)with a bear eating my trash. He had opened the door to get under and it shut behind him. Even cornered he did not attack, instead we both promptly shat our pants and ran together for a few steps before we veered away from each other and i scooted around the side of the house. Worst thing we have to deal with for our bear is electrifying our bird feeder so he won't trash it.
Kinda like a mutual agreement. Sounds like they learn to live with you guys there and visa versa. They get huge though right? Im sure I recall seeing a picture of a stuffed grizzly, im thinking it stood 12 feet high, next to a person at some place there maybe an airport? They'd play basketball with your head!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda like a mutual agreement. Sounds like they learn to live with you guys there and visa versa. They get huge though right? Im sure I recall seeing a picture of a stuffed grizzly, im thinking it stood 12 feet high, next to a person at some place there maybe an airport? They'd play basketball with your head!
I dont have those in ny. They are more of a worry than black bears. And yes in places like canada and alaska....they get fricking huge.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chilli amazing post with Great Detail and beautiful pictures.
I hope to one day make the 24 hour flight to visit
My daughter visited Australia a few years ago and has so many fond memories

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey we have those water birds here too.
They are so funny. At night when we would camp and fish by a river. At night we would mimick their call. The closest would respond, then the next, and if you were real quiet you'd hear it get passed on all down the river for miles 😀
Thinking now they were probably saying "just an idiot human!"
This green heron didn't seem to be afraid of us humans. It took food out of my hand. I think it looks at us tourist as an easy food source.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpeg
    IMG_0675.jpeg
    524.8 KB · Views: 35

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure he wasn't Aus?
😆 Sounds like one.
Ever come here again let me know. 👍
I like ATMs too much
Not vaxxed
So my chances are slim and non
But thanks

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Need to watch a few "Gentle Ben shows" Seriously they are gone at the first sniff of us humans most times.
Getting between a mom and cub-not advisable.
Spent many yrs around bear country and never had a thing to worry about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread