some of this years finds from WV

smithna3

Feb 18, 2012
Williamstown WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett Atpro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hear are some finds of this year from West Virginia. All the clad were from all the local hot spots. Got a chance to hunt a spot close to home that I had found on a late 1800's map. Found two large cents there now a 1851 and I think a 1850. The gound in not very kind to large cents. Both are a little hard to see. Found a civil war general service cuff button and lots of lead. I dont think its a camp, I just think the old man liked to shoot at everything he thought would make a meal. Its just a field now with no signs of a house, but its been lots of fun trying to figure things out. Like I think the woman of the house would set out front in one location and mend the close. Found most of the buttons there. Found most of the lead were I think the garden was, old man running things out of garden. Any way hope you like. 029.JPG 030.JPG

Upvote 0

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I see you got a watch key there as well.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's fun digging them old home sites, Nice fines and many more to come, Congrats.

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice haul. What part of WV?

Marshallepp

Greenie
Sep 10, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you found everything but the kitchen sink. maybe next trip. I live in WV near BERKELEY SPRINGS.And also have a place in sugar grove WV. I hope to get out next week when my md comes in. but then again next week is the market fair at fort frederick i never miss that. it's kinda like the old trappers rondevous.

OP
OP
S

smithna3

Feb 18, 2012
Williamstown WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett Atpro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am from around Parkersburg, Williamstown to be exact

Top Member Reactions