🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13"
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent most of yesterday asking permission with my buddy Brandon. A bunch of "no one home" and "not todays" and we finally got a permission after over an hour. Nice lady with a dog, several cats, chickens and a huge rooster. She said someone metal detected there back in the day but didnt mention any good finds. Im not easily discouraged by people saying their property has been hunted before as ive always been able to find stuff that others have missed. Second hole of the day was a 1951 S dime! Silver! Then we dug bottle caps and pull tabs with a couple buttons mixed in. Brandon got a nice little flattie that said "london" on the back. He also pulled out a heavily worn 1917 merc. I found a convex button and then a nice two piece (maybe 3 or 4 piece) button that clearly said "P&S SS Co 1875". After a small amount of research i found out that it was a button from a uniform from the "Providence & Stonington Steamship Company"! They operated from 1867-1896 between new york and stonington ct. After that i got a super nice buckle. That wraps it up! Happy hunting everyone!

IMG_0591.JPG
IMG_0592.JPG

Upvote 18
Oh yea, the lady also said the property was from the 1670s and that she used to throw pennies in the yard back when the other person used to metal detect there. We found many clad pennies and many bottle tops. We both concur that she was telling the truth about all the pennies! Only found ONE wheatie!

Nice finds ,love that buckle.

First complete buckle! Ive found a frame and ive found the tongue before but never everything all together!

That shoe buckle is just killer. All brass and complete, a bit of oil, and it might move again.

That my man is a real piece of treasure. Congrats on a heavy score!

PS: Steamship button is cool too, but the buckle is the deal.

SOOOOOOOO WHATTT JUST KIDDING . DAMN NICE FINDS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back