Some Older Coins

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spent a while at an old ballfield (that dates back to at least the early 30's) this past week that I had visited earlier this Fall .
I took a different detector up this time to see what I could pull out. I listened to "Iffy" signals this time and spent alot of time digging them,
and they produced several wheats (as well as some junk that I wont post) at a range of 4-8".
The barber dime hit hard, but something else down there was mixing the audio signal and it read near the quarter range which really surprised me when
I cracked the hole (and no--no friends down there with it). Possibly, a halo effect to those that believe in that
school of thought; got that at about 5".
No war nickels though, just some on the opposite ends of the spectrum. I am having a hard time nabbing one of those.
Today, may have been the last good hunt for me for the year, but I was really pleased with the results.
I was out there for a while, btw, these did not come easy and it was over the past week (so several hours).
Still trying to keep Old Man Winter out of my life.
Found a heap of clad too--but not posting it.

Dec2011.jpg

Dec11BD.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice ballpark !!!! I really like the patriotic badge/fob,what does it say under the wings ?? Congrats on a good hunt :headbang: :headbang:

I believe it says "United We Stand Divided We Fall---All for One and One for All".

And, ty. :)

That button looks promising any chance of a close up and maybe a shot of the backmark. Looks period from here.

My camera really doesnt get too much more zoom (someone call Santa).
I scrubbed the front of the button with some toothpaste and brush and I dont see any markings.
It is the older type buttons with the unusual backs (not a rivet-type). I doubt it is any good--though I am
no expert.

Congrats on some nice finds. Love the badge.

Nice finds! That looks like a watch fob missing the center piece, and I can't see the button but it sounds like a Kentucky state seal. If it's civil war it will be a great find!

Sweet finds!

All the best,

Lanny

nice relics!!!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back