whitesid

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
superduty said:
Back in the mid 90's a huge non ferrous metal company sold out. The facility was sold and it was supposed to be full of inventory of thousands of tons of copper. Well when the new owners took possession guess what all the copper was gone. They had $15 million stole from them and they never found out who did it..
a guy down the street from us had 15 thousand in copper stolen from him.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whitesid said:
superduty said:
Back in the mid 90's a huge non ferrous metal company sold out. The facility was sold and it was supposed to be full of inventory of thousands of tons of copper. Well when the new owners took possession guess what all the copper was gone. They had $15 million stole from them and they never found out who did it..
a guy down the street from us had 15 thousand in copper stolen from him.
how much you get for it ::)

jhoff310

Jun 23, 2007
how in the heck do you make off with something that damn big without getting noticed.
Beam me up scotty?

Yeah officer I'm just taking it home to repaint it and take it to dinner yeah thats it.

daaaveman

Nov 13, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax - IT ROCKS!
I work in T-com. A few years ago, we had over almost a mile of fiber cable stolen in Oakland. It was an organized theft. We had a good laugh about the guys taking the cable out to the desert to melt it down to get the copper......and finding only glass.....atleast we hope that is what happened. A mile of fiber cable really isn't worth that much. A mile of copper cable however.......

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work security for a power company, and we take reports of stolen copper on a daily basis. Watched a little Mexican try to roll a six foot tall wood spool of copper through a cut in the fence of one of our substations. PD arrived, and we watched the guy try to get invisible behind the spool on camera. Copper thief 0 us 1. Oh, the real giggle ;D the guy didn't have a vehicle anywhere around. Wonder if he was just gonna roll it to the junk yard?!?! ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread