some pics of a productive spot.... old staircase - gold city!

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I often mention old staircases in my posts- here's some pics I researched and led me to this spot - 5 gold (I posted some) and my best silver out of here so far... pic of early Kiosk already old in the 60's- it was ruined by a storm surge- the Council tore it down long ago, but it was here for ages and found a net story that said "squillions" of tourists favoured this spot. Now barely anyone swims at the spot until Summer when flocks of tourists partake in aquatic activity. The recent pics show the wall and stairs and of course the natural rock strata remains the same - but a new rock wall covered some goodies no doubt. I find very early Australian "clad" - silver florins, copper pennies etc along with modern finds - the old targets are deep and require slow slow pulse movement to reveal themselves - still a popular spot so recent finds are abundant too - well maybe not anymore - I've plundered here. Last pic is todays best - silver pendant "Ryan" "Love Dad" - black on removal and had a quick Silvo swipe for pic. I yellowed out the kiosk name for stealth - I love old pics that reveal the goods... after that it's all time and gravy.
However this is not my "old staircase" - it is even better - but I fear I shall never give it away as there is a lifetime of finds to be had.
HH

Attachments

• funstaircase.JPG
    funstaircase.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 92
  • funspot2.jpg
    funspot2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 103
  • myspot3.jpg
    myspot3.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 324
  • myspot4.jpg
    myspot4.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2903.jpg
    IMG_2903.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Upvote 0

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old beach.:leprechaun-hat:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice place. Happy hunting!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
very nice post, Smoogle....and great pics~!

Congrats on that silver pendant....great find!

I love old beaches...so much fun at which to detect!

Lorraine

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Nice research on an older swim area that is really paying off for you. Thanks for sharing and nice pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread