Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woooohooo......moved in Dec 29th. and loving it. Huge Victorian built in the 1880's 7 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms! Beautiful oak and cherry woodwork all through the house, thought I'd share a couple of pictures. I'm especially fond of the stained glass windows and the main floor fireplace. All original door knobs and hinges which I love. Also added a few pics of a lighted corner cabinet that my wife let me use for some of my favorite relics, saving some space for whats in my yard! Spring aint too far off now!!

Attachments

• staircase.jpg
    staircase.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 200
  • fireplace.jpg
    fireplace.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 201
  • door.JPG
    door.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 201
  • glass1.jpg
    glass1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 200
  • glass2.jpg
    glass2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 191
  • glass3.jpg
    glass3.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 195
  • cabinet.JPG
    cabinet.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 187
  • relics1.JPG
    relics1.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 193
  • relics2.JPG
    relics2.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 184
  • relics3.JPG
    relics3.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 184
  • relics4.JPG
    relics4.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 194
  • relics5.JPG
    relics5.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 206

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still can't believe you bought that house brother. :o That is one beautiful homestead. I love the stained glass work!! Very nice display cabinet to show off some of your great finds too! Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful house, J!! I love the original woodwork. :love10: Great pics, thanks for sharing Awesome display cabinet too. But where are the kids? :dontknow: :laughing7: Looking forward to your first yard hunt. :thumbsup:

HH

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W :o W!! It's beautiful! I love the beauty of wood...it just glows in your new home, I just do not like it hidden with paint. Let's see 7 bedrooms & 9 bathrooms, I'll take the upstairs bedroom on the left. ;D
I was thinking since there's so many rooms, I was looking for a "Finds" room...your display case is really nice. Is this gonna be a home or a bed & breakfast?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome house J, like stepping back into time, love the old fireplace with carved stone! The stained glass is sweet, and so is all the woodwork. Check the basement for a crawlspace, bet there may be 100+ y.o. bottles/relics hiding. Congrats on the new home, hope I get a tour soon, can't wait to hear what you dig outa that yard! D

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
what a gorgeous home!!! may you have a wonderful life there. YOu must be just chomping at the bit to dig the yard. I hope it is a large property too! good luck

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Man!! That is super cool. :headbang: :thumbsup: I wanna live there, hey, whats one more rather large dude in the house? :laughing9: That fireplace is soooooo cool. I love the work on the door knob and strike. Very neat place. The display case fits right in with the house. Neato.

OP
OP
postalgriff

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
W :o W!! It's beautiful! I love the beauty of wood...it just glows in your new home, I just do not like it hidden with paint. Let's see 7 bedrooms & 9 bathrooms, I'll take the upstairs bedroom on the left. ;D
I was thinking since there's so many rooms, I was looking for a "Finds" room...your display case is really nice. Is this gonna be a home or a bed & breakfast?
hey thanks everyone....yes this will be our home. We have enough children to fill every room easy!

cntrydncr1 said:
what a gorgeous home!!! may you have a wonderful life there. YOu must be just chomping at the bit to dig the yard. I hope it is a large property too! good luck

the yard is very large 1.25 acres which is huge for a village lot, and yes chomping at the bit to dig in the yard!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy! Spring hunt at your place! I got dibs! :laughing7:
WOW those were beautiful pics! Love em all! :icon_thumleft:

Mike

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new homestead PG. :icon_thumleft: That is one heck of a corner treasure trove as well. Nice job! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread