Some recent finds.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Here's some pictures of some recent finds from three fields I've been hunting. I've been on a string of heartbreakers lately with good whole finds few and far between. I did find a good archaic? point yesterday and some good scrapers and flake tools, what would you type the insitu point as? I've included three pics of the piece. The last point is a hardaway I think, and it's my dads first and only find so far, I think he's got the fever now, pretty nice quality point to start out with I told him. thanks for looking and good luck hunting.

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice debri field. Hope your Dad continues to hunt with you. I can only imagine that. I do not know what your archiac point is. I have one I just pulled out very similiar to it. Not sure what it is.
Almost posted a pic for comparison. ??? You find out let me know.
Looks like some good times and hunts in the field.
Thanks for sharing.

TnMtns

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thirty7 said:
thanks gl and tn, feel free to post it, it may help someone here id the type for us.

I dont know thirty7 but they look kinda close. My base may extend a little farther down but they look alike to me. Maybe some expert will type it for us. Thanks for letting me post it on your thread.
TnMtns

Attachments

• 100_1535.JPG
    100_1535.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 190
OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Looks very similar Tn, your base is a bit different, but the blade profile is right on .I've found 4 of this type and 1 of them has a base that's larger like your piece. Another feature I've noticed about this point is the wicked twist or torque in some examples. I'm might be wrong saying it's archaic, it has features of early woodland types too. Sweet needle tip on that guy. I never mind others posting on my threads, I'm just trying to soak up as much knowledge and info as possible while I'm here.

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
Howdy,
Wow man what a spot!! I usually will pick up alot of flakes for every good one I find.I bet there is plenty more where those came from.No one has plowed near me yet cause it rains every day.I can,t wait! Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread