Some recent finds

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Hi everyone. So my foot/ankle injury is healing well, and I had a MAJOR case of cabin fever aka lackofdetectitis :laughing7: this week. Since I'm not scheduled to return to work until the 13th (possibly later than that), I now have plenty of time to detect :hello2: . I got out twice this week to a number of spots all over the city. Tues. night met up w/ GTL and PS at a spot we've been frequenting due to the many goodies pulled from there. Over two days, I managed a '64d Roosie, a nice 1899 indian, and a drink token. Not pictured are the 11 wheats (teens-'50s) and $6.75 in clad I also dug. I hope to get back out again this weekend if it's not too cold (all that walking and digging has aggravated my ankle and I need a few days to rest). Pics are below. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• Picture 623.jpg
    Picture 623.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Picture 624.jpg
    Picture 624.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 625.jpg
    Picture 625.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Picture 626.jpg
    Picture 626.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Picture 627.jpg
    Picture 627.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture 628.jpg
    Picture 628.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 629.jpg
    Picture 629.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 110

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that drink token. An address on it gives good clues to what when and where... my 5c drink token only has a name on it and google can't find anything on the place. I like that shape of that one too. Nice finds.

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude - I just looked up the address and remember reading about that buffet! It is now a highrise on clark and armitage but it used to be an old time beer garden... I will see if I can find the links to it. Pretty interesting storys about that place if I remember right.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say Paul is that token is sweet!
I'd take that over a Rosie any day :)

OP
OP
C

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Gimmie The Loot said:
Dude - I just looked up the address and remember reading about that buffet! It is now a highrise on clark and armitage but it used to be an old time beer garden... I will see if I can find the links to it. Pretty interesting storys about that place if I remember right.

Cool!! Thanks J!! You da man!! :icon_thumleft:

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
I agree with Mark, that token easily beats any Rosie any day. Beats a lot of Mercs as well. Nice find :thumbsup:

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Really like the token Paul. I'd take a Chicago token with a name and address over a rosie, most mercs or a washington for that matter.

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Paul - I finally got around to checking out that location on your token. Looks like I was thinking of something else but this is still kinda cool. Must have been just a few doors down from the address on your token.

Attachments

• RelicHouse.JPG
    RelicHouse.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 88

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread