Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been checking out a few new spots and returned to one old one. Found the George V halfpenny, a first for me, in the same hole with the Chinese medal. The Barber quarter came out of one of my favorite spots this summer where I pulled a seated half, a couple of seated quarters and more. Went back and hunted real slow. Also found a Buffalo nickel and a 1911 wheat cent there also. I should add that a few of the new spots I tried came up with nothing, but you have to keep looking to come up with a good spot. I did find 3 really good spots this summer that made it all worthwhile.
finds 8-29-13.jpg
finds 8-31-13.jpg

Upvote 4

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great day! Wish I would have a dat like that. Outside of a few wheat pennies and a silver ring, I've been in a dry spell when it comes to old silver.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds.. That's a nice bunch of silver you have there.. Congrats on the success and thanks for sharing..

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, I keep trying new spots, next few days I'm taking my lawn mower around with me. A couple of the spots that I found silver earlier had very long grass, I'm going to mow it down and hunt real slow. I like those coins you found congrats. I think just like coiny said, I'll find some old nickels.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread