Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys so I've been very lazy lately as far as posting my finds is concerned...heh so it will look like a ton of stuff but it has been a while....actually it's not so much I guess but anyway, we visited the Iceberg around the time of my last post (a month ago?), and I didn't get any silver but I still always feel good about hunting that site as if it's like my duty to hunt it out as much as possible. I did get about 27 wheats in the new wheatfield and a tag that looks kinda old (maybe for cattle?) with the numbers 261 stamped(?) on it. I also got a silver Rosie from a new site we poked around at. I guess I threw some of the clad in with the stash already.

Aug15A.jpg

Aug15B.jpg

We also detected at another new site which apparently has potential, for modern silver at least. Nabbed the silver quarter on my first (and only so far) trip there. We definitely need to get back to this place once we get some rain.

Aug15C.jpg

Mirage rediscovered one of our old hunting grounds to still be productive…he found around 19 wheats I think before I got to the site recently…and I guess I lucked out with pulling a few silver cause most of them were right where he was searching and sounded very good. There’s also an aluminum token or something with some writing on it…I don’t really plan on investigating it…and the clad-looking dime to the left of the merc IS silver (1953-D)...I would have just thrown it in my pocket with all the clad and junk but I wanted to check the date to see how far off from silver I was...it was a good thing I did.

Aug15D.jpg

You can see the mintmark on the Rosie dime indicating silver:
Aug15E.jpg

We went back a few days ago or something and I got another lucky two. Once again, the Rosie looks clad but has a clear 1948 date. Also a decent 1920 merc and the war nickel. The plane was actually found at the house that Mirage was mowing the grass for. It's kinda cool.

Aug15F.jpg

Aug15G.jpg

Aug15H.jpg

Scrubbing the war nickel with ammonia didn't really help as much as I thought it might.
Aug15I.jpg

Aug15J.jpg

There's a little more to post from the last couple days and I'll get to it...meanwhile HH yall!

Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Those are still some nice finds.

Been to hot and dry this yr. I haven't been hunting as much as I used to in the past yrs. Finds are getting tough to come by.

HH Jer

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Nate,

That Berg keeps producing and producing for you guys. That was one heck of a silver-producing site.

How's the college life treating you?

Kyle

R

RUDY2003

Nice big pile of diggins' Nate. Nice and red..... :evil4:

Keep safe...

Keith

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8) A bunch of great keepers, Nat! Great to see you're still out hunting and keeping your Dad on his toes! :wink: :D

Take care, Nana :)

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Zoyboy said:
Nate,

That Berg keeps producing and producing for you guys. That was one heck of a silver-producing site.

How's the college life treating you?

Kyle

Yea that site still isn't done giving up the stuff, just takes more and more work...and the vegetation and skeeters have been insane there. But yea I'll be starting at CSU here next week. I'm not gonna be living away from home for right now but I'm still looking forward to it all. Not like high school. lol We'll see how the electrical engineering pans out. But yea it should be pretty cool.
Thanks for the comments all. 8)

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
That is quite an assortment of finds there Nate! Congrats on those nice silver coins! :+)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright college boy. I've been waiting and waiting by my computer, hitting the refresh key over and over waiting for a post from Nate, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING until now. I'd expect that from your Dad, but not you. ;D :wink: I think Bob either forgets a lot at his age, or that Spandex water suit he wears is a bit too tight. :tongue3: (Just kidding Bob) :wink:
I can't get over the amount of wheats you guys haul out of that place. :o Amazing!
Nice finds Nate. Good luck at college, and remember...............you have a van now so you don't HAVE to sleep at home every night. (Just kidding Bob) :tongue3:
Study hard,
Doug

Attachments

• Waiting.jpg
    Waiting.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 223
  • Waiting.jpg
    Waiting.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 223

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Nat, Nice finds in my book.. boy ya cleaned up on the wheaties too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Alright college boy. I've been waiting and waiting by my computer, hitting the refresh key over and over waiting for a post from Nate, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING until now. I'd expect that from your Dad, but not you. ;D :wink: I think Bob either forgets a lot at his age, or that Spandex water suit he wears is a bit too tight. :tongue3: (Just kidding Bob) :wink:
I can't get over the amount of wheats you guys haul out of that place. :o Amazing!
Nice finds Nate. Good luck at college, and remember...............you have a van now so you don't HAVE to sleep at home every night. (Just kidding Bob) :tongue3:
Study hard,
Doug
:wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread