Some silver over the weekend

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saturday I finished up a co-workers small property (only about 4 hours to do a complete sweep). Managed all you see in the first photo; a couple dog tags (one 1926), some buttons, a buffalo and a 1952 Indian bronze one pice with hole. Oh yeah, and the 1964 Rosie. Interesting mix.
DSC07058.jpg

Today i tried a mid 20th century middle school, but without much luck with one newer wheatie and some typical clad. So I left for a local municipal/armory building I have had some past luck with (see pic). The building unfortunately lost a recent bid for historical standing and I'm pretty sure it's slated to be torn down. Thinking I might not have many more opportunities, I hunted an area of the building I had previously found some of my best silvers and managed a first: 2 silver's, one hole. It's a personal milestone, for sure, but I was thrilled. Seeing the silver edges, I had hoped for Mercury or better, but more than happy with 2 older Rosies.
sheboygan_armory.jpg DSC07059.jpg

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Upvote 6

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats an a couple nice hunts. Love those permission hunts. When was the Armory last used as an armory?

OP
OP
Alchemist

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
maybe a bit when it was first built in 1941. An excerpt from Wiki:

The original intended purpose of the Armory was to house Wisconsin Army National Guard's 32nd Division. The building was equipped with ammunition lockers and vaults for guns and other military equipment used by the Guard. The Armory hosted the National Basketball Association's Sheboygan Redskins from 1942 until 1951. The building was the site of high school basketball games, circuses and other local events such as blood drives, and when the city's Hmong American community began to flourish in the mid-1980s, became the site of Hmong New Year celebrations.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice silvers and I really like the old dag tag... the oldest one I have been about to find is 1940. Good show!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice spots there, congrats, wish some of my permissions would come through, its always pie in the sky, I don't bother with it any more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions